It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 01:52

Barrow docks 14th December

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Re: Barrow docks 14th December

Postby daley » 15 Dec 2012, 19:33

another good report there seems to be some good fish in that dock
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby kyle » 15 Dec 2012, 20:16

Mate bet your made up well done

species hunt 2012 dab/whitin/codling/bass/flounder/tope pup/
Ginga Ninja

Postby Kev P » 16 Dec 2012, 14:18

Well Done Bud!

looks like all your outings and efforts are paying off now!

Species caught in 2019
I'm easy

Postby craggers » 16 Dec 2012, 16:52

Fantastic couple of days nutty.

This weekends :champ: angler mate, hope they keep coming thick and fast for you :gp: :thumb:
Born to fish Forced to work
Hardcore Addict

Postby Padsta Tel » 16 Dec 2012, 18:11

Its like having your own private pond Nutty do fish get in the dock all the time or do the lock gates close from time to time a cracking pollock mate well done. :thumb: :thumb: :gp: :gp:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby joiner8212 » 16 Dec 2012, 18:18

Good to meet up and fish Friday with you i thought i was suppose to show you how to catch pollock but a cracking fish.
Hardcore Addict

Postby nuttyprot » 16 Dec 2012, 18:38

joiner8212 wrote:Good to meet up and fish Friday with you i thought i was suppose to show you how to catch pollock but a cracking fish.

You taught me a lot so I am happy :) will be making some of them rigs you showed me some time this week ready for my weekly dock run later in the week. I hope to get out 2moz day tide as the wife is now of work for the xmas holidays and I have more time spare. Wind direction seems a little pants so I shall probably do a channel run.
Hardcore Addict

Postby mercury 13 » 16 Dec 2012, 18:49

Padsta Tel wrote:Its like having your own private pond Nutty do fish get in the dock all the time or do the lock gates close from time to time a cracking pollock mate well done. :thumb: :thumb: :gp: :gp:

The dock gate's only open when there's a boat to come in or out and for obvious reasons it's on a big tide and as close to high water as possible. So basically your fishing in a gold fish bowl. Its great to see fish coming out of there as long as people return them as i know of a few that have caught trophy fish... took home took pic then binned.. Me personally would'nt eat out of there as you never know what vickers have and do dump in there. But hey every one to their own :D :D
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rocket Ron » 16 Dec 2012, 19:06

mercury 13 wrote:
Padsta Tel wrote:Its like having your own private pond Nutty do fish get in the dock all the time or do the lock gates close from time to time a cracking pollock mate well done. :thumb: :thumb: :gp: :gp:

The dock gate's only open when there's a boat to come in or out and for obvious reasons it's on a big tide and as close to high water as possible. So basically your fishing in a gold fish bowl. Its great to see fish coming out of there as long as people return them as i know of a few that have caught trophy fish... took home took pic then binned.. Me personally would'nt eat out of there as you never know what vickers have and do dump in there. But hey every one to their own :D :D

Never fished there before, see on G earth a double lock gate arrangement . Surely they must open on a more regular basis than big tides or have a flushing system otherwise it would stink to high heaven especially in" summer" lol.
Something in there grows those fish on well. Don't see many specimens like that coming off the beaches round abouts.
Don't think I'd fancy eating one either. It's the three eyed ones you really should look out for. ??? ??? ;) ;) .
Rocket Ron

Previous

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports