It is currently 02 May 2024, 13:54

Wet Breams

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

Wet Breams

Postby sharpey » 15 May 2012, 15:47

As we finally had a half decent day to get out together again in about 6 weeks, Baz & I met up at Atkinsons Tarn at Crook just west of Kendal for a Roach/Carp ? Bream-anything that came along session. Only arranged last night, so bit last minute? Neither of us had any groundbait, so Baz had said he would throw some bits together and see what happens. So we got set up out of the wind (which was fresh to say the least..) Baz produced his mix for the day, and jokingly said "You watch, we've got no real groundbait, just this crap which needs squeezing as its so mushy, we'll probably bag up!!!" How true. Baz was on the pole, I brought my 10'float rod as I suspected at some point to be hiding in the shelter..?? Wrong.
Straight from the off Baz landed on a nest of rather large Roach and Bream? First chuck a Roach to be proud of
Followed straight after by a slab of a few pounds..??
I meanwhile was struggling to get a start, and it must have been an hour or more before I finally got the depth right where I was and got into the fish..!! And quite a good start...
And so it continued, occasional small Roach and Skimmer, but generally they were this size..
Pellet was Baz's best bait, I did better on luncheon meat to be honest...
This chap was the only other species that showed for me....
Possibly one of the little Tench the association put in a couple of years ago. In all I bet Baz must have had a good 50lb of fish if we'd been adding them up..?? Around 1215 the clouds gathered, the rain came so we left as the first hailstones landed. Smart move...Good session though.
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Wet Breams

Postby Baz C » 15 May 2012, 16:34

Tell you what, for a 4 hour morning session, with a load of old pellets and stuff I'd managed to find out in various bags in 'the den', we had a cracking session :fishing:

Loads of skimmers between 1 lb & 1 1/2 lb .... several slabs, the best probably heading for 5lb ... a number of roach about 3/4lb .... plus small bits of silver and a nice tench for Sharpey as well :fish:

Hopefully next time up there we might get into some of the Crucian carp we both enjoy catching, it had been cold overninght and with the recent rain and lack of decent bait etc wasn't expecting to do particularly well ....... but thats fishing for you, often a surprise :champ:
Master Brewer at The Den Brewery
The Brewmeister

Postby Martin G » 15 May 2012, 18:42

Looks like you had a great little session there sharpy :thumb: :thumb: a great way to use up your old bits of bait up and clean out the "den" :lmao: :clap: :clap:
:gp: :gp: :gp:
Krackoff King

Postby TerryG » 17 May 2012, 22:34

Great to see you bagging up for a few hours fishing lads, :clap: :clap: Quality titbits from Baz,s den :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: , Was there any beer involved in this Baz ??? ???
Terry 9T's

Postby Rushy » 17 May 2012, 22:53

Cracking report and some belting fish, looks like great sport :thumb: well done fellas :gp: :gp: :gp:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Return to Coarse and Carp