It is currently 09 May 2024, 00:01

SUN SEA AND SCHOOLIES

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

SUN SEA AND SCHOOLIES

Postby Shane ousby » 04 Jun 2017, 18:22

Had to get out yesterday and try my hand on the beach after bumping into mike and rowley Thursday and getting some tips (cheers fellas ) :thumb: I decided to travel extra light one rod and a left over batch of rag from Thursday wich gave me a good evening fishing ..This time I wanted to get down for low water fish up to high 1 rod ..2 hook rig 5oz gripper lead 3/0 circle hooks and the bait was rag... it didn't take long at all before the first knock bounced the end of the rod some of the knocks were hard knocks for the size of fish..well to be honest it was a steady stream of knocks and some misses to but this was the way the session went till i eventually nearly ran out of bait by the time i hit the wall ...which was earlier then then i expected as i stopped fishing and walked to the wall sat on my perch watching the final bit of beach go under
image.jpg
.then with 3 rag worm left i got 2 more fish by halving the worms and they were still grabbing them ..yes plenty of fish ......yes plenty of bites ....size wise nothing to write home about..BUT every knock sent the mind into over drive could this be the one ??? ??? and you know its not always about the size of a fish its the enjoyment of the bites the location and the fun to be had when theres regular knocks to the end of your rod ...sun in your face,a slight breeze and the sound of the sea in your ears .... all fish safely returned to hopefully turn into large bars of silver. :thumb: :thumb: .. all good fun
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
:thumb:
Attachments
image.jpg
Last edited by Shane ousby on 04 Jun 2017, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: SUN SEA AND SCHOOLIES

Postby bob1 » 04 Jun 2017, 18:42

Nice result mate well done :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 04 Jun 2017, 18:49

A top session Shane and some great pics :clap: :clap: :clap:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby shacky » 04 Jun 2017, 18:54

Well Done Shane :thumb: Cracking session with the Silvers :clap: That big one is out there :fish: :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby terry brown » 04 Jun 2017, 19:01

Well done Shane, sounds like you had a great session, thanks for reporting. I'll give it a go myself when the forth coming wind and rain leave us.
Hardcore Addict

Postby TommyN » 04 Jun 2017, 21:44

How do you put pictures on please.
Almost an Addict

Postby Willpower » 05 Jun 2017, 05:41

Nice one Shane, a good steady session.
Hardcore Addict

Postby skatenchips » 05 Jun 2017, 08:54

proper silvers session shane,nice one mate....I enjoy shanes posts as if nuffing else I get to do cartwheels in the lounge to see the pictures the right way,I'm sure he does it deliberately.... :bleh:

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 05 Jun 2017, 09:01

skatenchips wrote:proper silvers session shane,nice one mate....I enjoy shanes posts as if nuffing else I get to do cartwheels in the lounge to see the pictures the right way,I'm sure he does it deliberately.... :bleh:

Gazza

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :D :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby boxerman » 05 Jun 2017, 10:32

Good report mate - Thanks!

Frank
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports