It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:27

Sandy Gap This Morning

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Sandy Gap This Morning

Postby sparton » 16 Dec 2012, 20:38

Not been out for a while so decided to go down sandy gap for a couple of hours,just to try me new rod and reel out and also practise casting with me new multiplyer as not used 1 for years.rigged gear up and used frozen squid wrapped in frozen black lug and cast out,their was a half decent surf so it was'nt to bad for fishing.Anyway reeled in bait not touched,loaded up again just black lug,same again not touched so tried me trump card frozen peeler,made no difference all in all glad to be out till rod rest went for a burton and rod fell to ground its minus 1 rod tip ring now firkin great :banghead: :banghead: :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Sandy Gap This Morning

Postby Pugsie » 16 Dec 2012, 20:51

Good to see u owt again Steve :0) shame bowt the rod mate is it a shop bought new might have warranty mate.
Captain Pugwash

Re: Sandy Gap This Morning

Postby codnaper » 16 Dec 2012, 20:57

Hard luck steve on the blank mate and sorry to hear about the broken ring :banghead: :sos: sandy gap is never a good spot for me even when others are catching i seem to struggle so its a bogey venue for me
Hardcore Addict

Postby Mike T » 16 Dec 2012, 21:09

Unlucky lad. Keep at it

2014, species, codling, whiting, dab, blenny, flounder, bass 41cm, thornback ray on lrf tackle in morecambe bay off the shore. smoothound in heysham. plaice 2lb 1oz nasty weaver.
King of the North Wall

Postby Dangerousden » 16 Dec 2012, 23:09

Well done on getting out Steve. Sorry about the rod tip...................you just don't have any luck:(
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rushy » 16 Dec 2012, 23:28

Unlucky Steve, we've all been there with a bust rod tip ring :doh:
Might be a good chance to put one of those Diamite tip ring on, a bit tougher than the average rod tip and slightly bigger so your leader knot doesn't twang on the way out/in ???
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby sparton » 17 Dec 2012, 20:44

Cheers for that lads and I'll be looking into that Rushy,thats 4 blanks that now and 4 ring tips lol :thumb: :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rocket Ron » 17 Dec 2012, 21:03

sparton wrote:Cheers for that lads and I'll be looking into that Rushy,thats 4 blanks that now and 4 ring tips lol :thumb: :thumb:

do you mean ring tips fell off or rod break at ring tip.
If former you ain't preping and glueing them on right.
If latter :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: throw that tripod away and get a stable one
FORE!!
Rocket Ron

Postby djdave » 17 Dec 2012, 21:25

Rod tip had 3 damaged with tri pod blowing over one a brand new rod never got to cast it got a salts tri pod excellent very stable not had a rod on the deck since :thumb: :thumb:
Species hunt 2019
Hardcore Addict

Postby sparton » 17 Dec 2012, 22:43

Rocket Ron wrote:
sparton wrote:Cheers for that lads and I'll be looking into that Rushy,thats 4 blanks that now and 4 ring tips lol :thumb: :thumb:

do you mean ring tips fell off or rod break at ring tip.
If former you ain't preping and glueing them on right.
If latter :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: throw that tripod away and get a stable one
FORE!!

Just bought rod rest on saturday and its a new rod,a big lump of weed caught line and just dragged it over its the little washer like thing on the inside that keeps coming out i don't think their strong enough thats happened on them all Ron
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports