It is currently 11 May 2024, 03:42

Sandside prom question.

Sea fishing Venue guides and information for where to fish around the UK. Uk sea fishing marks.

Sandside prom question.

Postby Eospete » 11 Oct 2013, 19:33

Could someone please let me know what is the minimum tide to fish sandside from the prom please. I'd like to take mum out fishing this weekend and it was a fav location of dads though we never fished it together strangely enough. It will be a good way to remember dad on his birthday. It's a 7.9m in morecambe on sat tea time.
Cheers.
P
Dry lines catch no fish
<*}}}}}><
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Sandside prom question.

Postby sharpey » 11 Oct 2013, 20:42

Shown as round an 8 m Pete, should be ok, won't be too much of a run..?? At that height you could ( weather permitting ) fish it from the grass at the south end of the prom before the old railway bridge? But I'm assuming Mum will be in the car keeping warm...!!
About half way along the railings are two small bits of red tape on the rails ? If you can spot them, that's a good spot...?? Failing that it's fishable off the grass by the Stone Jetty in Arnside itself, and that's right next to the car parking area
Hope this helps....
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby Eospete » 11 Oct 2013, 20:53

Cheers Sharpey. I'll bags that spot here and now!
It's an outing for mum as much as anything and it's lovely to have her with me just like she used to do with my dad. She's still rather fragile and appreciates us doing things like this.
Just happen to have the shakey travel beach in the car plus a reel and a few rigs. Will get some blow from gerrys plus some bits and give it a whizz. I'm assuming high water is around 6.30. Which website do you use for your arnside, sandside times please. I've only found http://www.tidetimes.org.uk/arnside-tide-times-20131012 but wondered if there is a better one?
P
Dry lines catch no fish
<*}}}}}><
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 11 Oct 2013, 21:55

I use UK Tides app..?? You also get times/heights in the Westmorland Gazette ..?? Our last few trips there have been quite good using frozen black whipped on the hook..?? We used fresh black yesterday and that was ok too. If we hadn't been going to Whitby for a few days I'd have popped down for a natter.. Good luck mate.
sandside assassin

Postby sharpey » 11 Oct 2013, 21:56

Yep, 1830 be about right..!!
sandside assassin

Postby senatorkenny » 09 Nov 2013, 21:42

Eospete wrote:Cheers Sharpey. I'll bags that spot here and now!
It's an outing for mum as much as anything and it's lovely to have her with me just like she used to do with my dad. She's still rather fragile and appreciates us doing things like this.
Just happen to have the shakey travel beach in the car plus a reel and a few rigs. Will get some blow from gerrys plus some bits and give it a whizz. I'm assuming high water is around 6.30. Which website do you use for your arnside, sandside times please. I've only found http://www.tidetimes.org.uk/arnside-tide-times-20131012 but wondered if there is a better one?
P

http://www.tides4fishing.com/uk/england/arnside is ok :boat:
:-New list 2018/19 Dab.
Hardcore Addict

Return to Where to Sea Fish