It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 17:54

Ravens 19th July a wrasse fest

Northwales - All shore sea fishing catch reports from North Wales covering Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd and Wrexham.

Postby BigBadCol » 24 Jul 2013, 13:03

I awoke around 0600hrs which when camping for me was a bit of a lie in so I wasn't complaining. ;D After loading myself up I set off on the 3/4mile walk from our tent to the mark.
I had my box on my back and a rucksack containing a cool bag on my chest, and my rod holdall. It was 25 degrees already so I was going to be a little hot n sweaty by the time I got there. For those who haven't been after a short walk you're faced with this.
It's a right pain to get over unless you're my size over 6ft.
Once over the wall it's just a short walk and you're there. On Arrival i was very disappointed to find this lot.
So before I set up I filled a couple of carrier bags of rubbish. my plan was to fish 1 rod at distance and play down the side with my lure rod. As soon as my Lure rod hit bottom I was greeted by a nice double of Ballans.
This was the way things went for the next couple of hours. I had nothing apart from this little codling on my distance rod for the 1st 3 hours.
Then on the close in rod this little beauty turned up, a Goldskinny I think
It became a bit of a Wrasse fest and on light gear they're great sport here's a few more

I then dropped my distance rod about 50 yards and within minutes I was hit by a cracking fish I reeled in and could see a nice sized pollack however he let got or spat the hook as I was about to winch him up. My lure rod then started twitching and this time I was into a Gurnard but he also fell off on the winch up.
I re-baited my big rod and again dropped it in short to be rewarded this time with a Pollack of 2lb, at this stage my phone had died and due to my re-supplier (The wife) not being able to negotiate the wall I was left without my camera and no pictures, I was taking this for the BBQ so quickly dispatched it and chucked out again. Again I was rewarded with another pollack of the same size so he was dispatched and placed on ice for tea. The temperature now was blistering and I had drank the 4l of water so i called it a day and headed back to the tent.
I did try for a few maccie but had no luck and to top it all off only 1 tiny dog fish all session.

Cheers

Col
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Ravens 19th July a wrasse fest

Postby dabcatcher » 24 Jul 2013, 15:26

sounds like a great session with olenty of fish.
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 24 Jul 2013, 15:49

It was a great session..!!! Some very pretty wrasse there mate, well done!! Especially on the light gear..!! Cracking report! Cheers.

. 2
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby Pugsie » 24 Jul 2013, 16:47

Cracking report mate and nice days fishing with good weather what more can you ask for!!! Cheers for report col.

. 2
Captain Pugwash

Re: Ravens 19th July a wrasse fest

Postby rob f » 24 Jul 2013, 21:49

well done col. what a days fishing you had . great photos and post :clap:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Return to North Wales Sea Fishing Reports