It is currently 14 May 2024, 11:30

maryport 29/12/12

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

maryport 29/12/12

Postby rob f » 30 Dec 2012, 14:37

My mates and i decided to try maryport :D :D :D ..After 2 and a half hours driving we got there at 7.45 pm we went and got some fish and chips which we enjoyed . :thumb: :thumb: We then drove round the harbour to the pier it was a clear night with a full moon the wind was blowing from the west at about 60 mph we ended up standing behind the light house to keep out of the wind :cold: :cold: :cold: i fished with a 2 hook flapper with a 2/ O hook and a 7 ounce grip lead i baited up with frozen black lug and tipped with squid , We fished to 1am got home at 4am had a good laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: enjoyed the night :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: not many fish caught 5 codling and a rockling :fish: :fish: :fish: all the fish were returned and the rubbish was taken away..
Last edited by rob f on 30 Dec 2012, 21:43, edited 3 times in total.
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: maryport 29/12/12

Postby norfolk and chance » 30 Dec 2012, 14:47

nice one , can get pretty windy up there, good fishing though.
Almost an Addict

Postby Rushy » 30 Dec 2012, 21:01

That's a bit of a trek Rob, I do enjoy a roadtrip now and then though....it's good to fish different venues :fishing: I think that's one of my plans for 2013, get out and about more and try different venues :thumb:

Good effort mate and thanks for the report :gp:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby rob f » 30 Dec 2012, 21:50

Rushy wrote:That's a bit of a trek Rob, I do enjoy a roadtrip now and then though....it's good to fish different venues :fishing: I think that's one of my plans for 2013, get out and about more and try different venues :thumb:

Good effort mate and thanks for the report :gp:

that what me and my mates were talking about last night we thinking of trying the east coast out in 2013
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports