It is currently 14 May 2024, 12:22

maddocks slip , sunday 30th

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Postby keith n » 30 Dec 2012, 17:13

the original intention was to go to Hall rd but after seeing on BBC weather that wind speed was 38mph the very well known phrase of " bugger that" was said . Seeing as this was my last chance of the year to get out I was sumwhat determined to wet a line so Maddocks slip on the wirral which tends to be a sheltered spot was chosen
Picked up olcod and shot over there for 10am. Baits were soon in the water and the fishing ( and rod testing ) began,
the rod i was trying out was the Grauvall 15footer that i won in the G Thornley raffle (teknos Surf Due4500) Its a very light rod and very easy to lob a bait a good distance but not the rod for me so its up for grabs - offers over £40 please
The fishing was slow and baits were coming back intact but I did manage to fluke ( very skillfully of course) a 8" whiting which was the only fish i saw caught
Olcod kept on the true wigan tradition of blanking :cheer:
crappy fishing (as usual ) but nice to get out

roll on 2013 ( and its only 8 months til my annual mackerel fest in cornwall)
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: maddocks slip , sunday 30th

Postby nuttyprot » 30 Dec 2012, 17:44

Shame about blanking but a good effort to get out. :gp:
Hardcore Addict

Re: maddocks slip , sunday 30th

Postby Rushy » 30 Dec 2012, 20:57

It's pretty handy having a venue like the Mersey within driving distance, like you said depending on which way the wind is blowing you can usually find a sheltered spot :thumb: good effort under the circumstances :clap:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby Pugsie » 30 Dec 2012, 23:23

At least your owt mate not been owt for over a month mate cold turkey:0/
Captain Pugwash

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports