It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:30

Loch Linnhe

Scotland Sea fishing reports. Catch reports covering all areas of Scotland

Loch Linnhe

Postby Chorley Brian » 10 Nov 2018, 22:33

20181011_131741.jpg
Very late report - a few days on Loch Linnhe mid October - would have been reported earlier but been waiting for access authorisation!
Anyway, having stocked up with plenty of frozen Maccy, squid, sandeels etc from Gerrys me and the son headed to bonnie Scotland for a few days.
Picnic site - only ones fishing - good day with several doggies, 3 pollock, a small cod and a small thornies - also a velvet crab - very pretty.

Loch Etive - fIshed Etive in appalling conditions from the pier opposite Bonawe- soaked to the skin (had to go into Oban to buy new waterproofs!) - nothing, not a touch - but 3 guys in kayaks been out all day, looked like drowned rats and they had had nothing!

Loch Levan, fished off the slates by the small tourist centre area - again nothing - lost a bit of tackle but at least it was dry!

Loch Linnhe, at Oban by the ruined castle on the small road heading out of town (down past the cathedral) - excellent day, lots of doggies and small pollock (some on lures to add interest) plus I had the biggest mackerel I've ever seen, on mackerel strip! fished in heaven only knows depth of water. And heck of a fight, thought I had a Spurrie at first! Didn't weight it - don't like to handle fish too much if not keeping so just slipped the hook at the side but a quick measure gave it almost 20 inches! and felt like it weighed 3lb or so - never seen such a mackerel!

And then to cap it all son shouts he is into something decent and after a great struggle actually landed a Spurrie - boy was he please with himself - lovely fish, quickly released, didn't weigh but maybe 7lb or so!

Brilliant fishing trip - we'll be back! tried attaching a couple of photos - not sure if it has worked!

20181011_131741.jpg

20181011_135031.jpg
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Loch Linnhe

Postby pros » 11 Nov 2018, 09:55

Great report thanks.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 13 Nov 2018, 21:13

Top read mate and pics :thumb: thanks for posting :thumb: :victory:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby liphook » 13 Nov 2018, 23:13

:gp: :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Return to Scotland Sea Fishing Reports