It is currently 03 May 2024, 05:57

KIRSTY 111,WED 19TH JAN.ISLE OF MAN

All fishing reports from your dinghy, boat and charter fishing trips.

KIRSTY 111,WED 19TH JAN.ISLE OF MAN

Postby jamie316 » 20 Jan 2011, 22:03

The sea was calm ,the moon was out ,very little cloud,so having dropped the boat out of the marina the night before capt emery and myself were up for a session trying to get said capt a feed of whiting .We came out of douglas harbour at about 6.45pm ,nice and dark and headed to the whiting mark off douglas head .the pool of the night was decidedby micheal and was to be the longest sizeable fish from any of the following three ,Cod,Pollack or whiting .two rods each were allowed and it was stated that the same rigs had to be used by each angler . On one rod was a set of pink and green luminus set of hokkais tipped off with Mackeral onsize 1/0 hooks ,on the second rod was a 2 up ,1 down trace with large lumy floating beads ,size 2/0 hookswith either sand eel or Mackie.

On the first drift i was straight into it with a whiting of 34cms which was looking good for the £1 pool ,micheal tried to change the pool when he brought up a codling with a couple of small whiting but was told to **** off and that it was under size any way .We had to keep the drifts quite short as once we had passed a certain land mark there was no bites at all .However we had or should i say I had a steady ammount of fish tugging on my rods whilst Micheal found it tough going .

This is the largest whiting of 35cms.

I was accussed however of having taken the best side of the boat which again is rubbish as anyone knows you can't normally get Micheal off the starboard side of his boat .Fish came in on both sides of the boat later in the session ,but all the keepers bar one came in on my side .We kept nine good fish for Micheal to have a feed from of which he contributed one fish and i gave him the other eight .We called it a night at 10 oclock and headed back into port ,it was nice to have been able to get out after recent bad weatherand with the weather supposed to be holding up for this weekend ,no doubt Micheal will be after trying to get on of his £1's back .Igave the Skip a lift home and left him reflecting on how he was going to have his whiting , knowing micheal covered in curry sauce .

Jamie316
I AM THE TAKER OF SOULS ,BEWARE .
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: KIRSTY 111,WED 19TH JAN.ISLE OF MAN

Postby Rushy » 21 Jan 2011, 22:19

Another good bag of whiting there Jamie :thumb: I've only ever been out on the boat at night the one time, it was certainly different if not a little spooky!

Good report and pics :thumb:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Re: KIRSTY 111,WED 19TH JAN.ISLE OF MAN

Postby TerryG » 22 Jan 2011, 00:42

Well done on the whiting jamie :clap: :clap: Thanks for the reports and pics mate :gp: :gp:
Terry 9T's

Return to Boat fishing reports