It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:44

Italian Accord Reel on Euro "Hybrid" Rod Jig'n Fish in The U

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

Italian Accord Reel on Euro "Hybrid" Rod Jig'n Fish in The U

Postby Scuba Chris » 20 Jun 2023, 04:16

The Mustad RodWorks Rods have been in Europe for the last year whereas the X6X SRL Olympus Reels from Italy has NEVER been seen in the USA. Ever. Until Now! The Rods Are Already Now Being Offered In The USA As Of This Month.

Starting in 2023 Mustad will be releasing their new fishing rod line in the States. Already proven fishing worthy across Europe for this past year. Still not much is known about this new line of fishing rods. I was blessed when Matt Swainbank of Mustad USA asked me if i wanted to test them out in Hawaii.

What i learned was these rods are closely allied to the JDM process of Japan manufacturing. Simply put these are quality pieces. From the materials used like the high quality modulus blanks to the Fuji Tips & Guide componantry. Each rod comes in its own rod bag with the contents labeled on the bag. Like i said "JDM" all the way on these but the MSRP doesn't reflect it.

I met both members of SRL Olympus online and they agreed to send me their first shipment to the USA. To make this work Mr Costellari had to redo their company page so "we" Americans could now view their website. I was gifted 5 spinning reels to field test in Hawaii. What i latter learned was Italy has a "Price War" going on with other Euro countries. Quality fishing gear being sold at prices to cheap to advertise. Yes, they even offer Shimano as well as Okuma on their websites in Italy.

This pairing is quite unique. I've researched the materials sent to me by both companies & this may be the first pairing of products by these fishing giants! But still that Italian language is making my headway slow so i've been studying Italian to help myself along. I quickly learned that Mustad's G-Series "Hybrids" are special & unique. The 3 "hybrids" i'm currently using may rival most Salmon-Steelhead rods from American manufacturers for weight distribution to flexibility & endurance.

https://youtu.be/_KGuO997MKw
Attachments
Cover-European.PNG
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to Tackle Talk