It is currently 04 May 2024, 18:42

Grosvenor Sunday 13th

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Grosvenor Sunday 13th

Postby baitdigger » 13 May 2012, 20:08

Weather seemed to brighten after lunch so made a hasty decision to give the Grosvenor a go.

7.5 m tide and howling a gale!

Arrived 30 mins early and dug myself some lug - a bit hard work - sand was bone dry as tide had not been up for a few days and wind had dried the surface.

Anyway, walked out to meet the tide with rod and tripod. A bit of a struggle - casting was hard work into the wind, tripod kept blowing over and you can guess where my cap ended up.

Fished it back to the rocks - I had my usual flounder and an eel. Alex had a flounder. Bite detection nearly impossible, so packed up just before high :giveup: :giveup:

No blank, but no bass yet. :fish: :fish: they'll be here soon? - usually 2nd week of May
species 2012 - cod 4lb 10oz, dab, whiting, flounder, more flounders, eel Species 2013 - dab, plaice
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Grosvenor Sunday 13th

Postby Blanko » 13 May 2012, 20:29

:gp: Good effort,there's no pleasure in catching when you don't even know you've had a bite-all you can do is hope for no blank. :thumb:
Took 1 look at it myself & thought 'no way' today,lets hope we get some decent weather and a regular supply of decent fish soon,the Bass are almost overdue .
Last edited by Blanko on 13 May 2012, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
2015 total : 26 sessions 188 fish
Species : Whiting,Codling,Dab,Flounder,Plaice,Dogfish,Bass,Eel,
King Of the Plaice
King Of the Plaice

Postby TerryG » 13 May 2012, 20:49

Was going to try there today myself, :D Ended up watching the football and having a beer instead, :thumb: , Nice one on the flounder and eel, :clap: :clap: Thought it would of fished better with this wind though ??? ???
Terry 9T's

Postby Padsta Tel » 13 May 2012, 21:12

Good effort mate better weather on Thursday :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Rushy » 13 May 2012, 21:25

Good effort Graham :clap: rather you than me in that wind mate :cold: at least you got a few for your efforts :thumb:

Thanks for the report :gp:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports