It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:42

First trip out in 15 years

Information and contact area for letting people know who's going out where and when.....

First trip out in 15 years

Postby GrumpyGaz » 19 Jun 2019, 15:03

Hiya.
New to this forum but by no means new to the beach fishing scene. I'm looking to fish the Fleetwood, Rossal area or perhaps the Gynn wall over the next few days. It all depends on accessibility.
I'm none too steady on my legs and need a stick so am looking for advice on where is easy to get to but may hold a chance of a bite or two.

I'm not able to go the permit route this month as buying new tackle has dented the play fund. I will however be getting a permit as soon as I can afford it for the wall.

I'm probably going to be fishing the Blackpool and Mersey areas mostly as parking close to the marks is important. Long walks will ruin my day out and that's not what fishing s all about now is it?

Any advice on baits and where to get them from would be really helpful too if you have the time.

Cheers :D
When all about you are losing their heads stop swinging the bloody axe!
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: First trip out in 15 years

Postby boxerman » 05 Jul 2019, 08:44

You can fish the Bullnose at Preston docks - no permit needed and fishing from the car kind of thing.

Frank
Hardcore Addict

Postby GrumpyGaz » 05 Jul 2019, 19:03

boxerman wrote:You can fish the Bullnose at Preston docks - no permit needed and fishing from the car kind of thing.

Frank

Cheers mate ;-)
Almost an Addict

Postby liphook » 06 Jul 2019, 15:40

Otterspool park, Mariners etc on Mersey are very easily accessed but can be busy with walkers, dogs, runners etc during the day. Cod fishing can be good there in the winter months. Cleveleys to 5 bar gate in Blackpool is pretty much park and fish for HW sessions, you have to pay for parking at times in many places. Most of the folk on here fish the Gynn out of the back of their cars using the parking permit - whether that's because of mobility issues or because they are bone idle is debatable! It's certainly not because the Gynn is a better mark than others, but if you're looking for company then that's the spot - you get all sorts of oddballs and weirdos there, and then there's the general public to contend with.... :lmao:
Once the sea wall is completed at Fairhaven there should be easy access for reasonable summer month fishing for flatties and bass but I bet they will be charging for parking....
With regards to bait then Bispham Angling (Jordan) or Hookers (Hazel) are worth a try.
Hardcore Addict

Postby GrumpyGaz » 06 Jul 2019, 15:43

liphook wrote:Otterspool park, Mariners etc on Mersey are very easily accessed but can be busy with walkers, dogs, runners etc during the day. Cod fishing can be good there in the winter months. Cleveleys to 5 bar gate in Blackpool is pretty much park and fish for HW sessions, you have to pay for parking at times in many places. Most of the folk on here fish the Gynn out of the back of their cars using the parking permit - whether that's because of mobility issues or because they are bone idle is debatable! It's certainly not because the Gynn is a better mark than others, but if you're looking for company then that's the spot - you get all sorts of oddballs and weirdos there, and then there's the general public to contend with.... :lmao:
Once the sea wall is completed at Fairhaven there should be easy access for reasonable summer month fishing for flatties and bass but I bet they will be charging for parking....
With regards to bait then Bispham Angling (Jordan) or Hookers (Hazel) are worth a try.

Cheers for the info mate. See you somewhere you've mentioned in the near future ;-)
Almost an Addict

Postby boxerman » 06 Jul 2019, 16:10

liphook wrote:Most of the folk on here fish the Gynn out of the back of their cars using the parking permit - whether that's because of mobility issues or because they are bone idle is debatable! It's certainly not because the Gynn is a better mark than others,

I fish off the Gynn [although I've not been able to get out for months ]. I'm probably bone idle but I like to think I fish there for other reasons. I'm not disabled but I do have neck/shoulder/ right arm issues and I cannot cast into the wild blue yonder like some folk can, so it gives me the ability to fish in deeper water than I could from the beach.
Having the permit works out cheaper for parking over the year, and having a hightop camper, I'm barred from carparks with height barriers, Cadet base at Fleetwood for instance.

liphook wrote: but if you're looking for company then that's the spot- you get all sorts of oddballs and weirdos there,

Me for instance :bleh:

Frank
Hardcore Addict

Postby GrumpyGaz » 06 Jul 2019, 19:05

boxerman wrote:
liphook wrote:Most of the folk on here fish the Gynn out of the back of their cars using the parking permit - whether that's because of mobility issues or because they are bone idle is debatable! It's certainly not because the Gynn is a better mark than others,

I fish off the Gynn [although I've not been able to get out for months ]. I'm probably bone idle but I like to think I fish there for other reasons. I'm not disabled but I do have neck/shoulder/ right arm issues and I cannot cast into the wild blue yonder like some folk can, so it gives me the ability to fish in deeper water than I could from the beach.
Having the permit works out cheaper for parking over the year, and having a hightop camper, I'm barred from carparks with height barriers, Cadet base at Fleetwood for instance.

liphook wrote: but if you're looking for company then that's the spot- you get all sorts of oddballs and weirdos there,

Me for instance :bleh:

Frank

I'll probably see you on the wall when you get back at it mate. Cheers for the information ;-)
Almost an Addict

Return to Going out fishing