It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:49

Field Testing The 12ft Rockaway Carbon Surf Rod!

Forum for All reports and information for fishing outside of the UK. Fishing holidays and overseas angling trips.

Field Testing The 12ft Rockaway Carbon Surf Rod!

Postby Scuba Chris » 05 Feb 2024, 18:39

I Field Tested The Lightweight Rockaway Carbon Surf Rods & Loved Them!

On every outing for a month during the day & night i was happily landing a mixed bag of inshore species of reef fish using the new Rockaway Surf Rods! I surf & spin casted these rods daily. Not one broke & i found them easy to cast & travel with. Today they're one of the most popular & affordable shoreline rods.

These rods originally were developed for Sea Perchers off the Oregon coastline but found homes all over the World including Hawaii, their second home. These lightweight carbon rods were designed by John Bretza, the Director of Product Development For Okuma.

If you look around it's a popular choice for even anglers of the PNW! For the 12ft rods i used 4K spinners though the H can handle a 5K/6K easily. I even use a 4K for the 9ft as well, or you can go with a 3K/2.5K for lighter fare. In this segment i used the original Azores 40 but since then i use the Blue Azores 4K or my Cedros 4K.

https://youtu.be/iupvaAkOvN8
Attachments
Cover- Rockaway.png
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to International Fishing Forum