It is currently 01 May 2024, 16:12

cold sunday at the manor

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

cold sunday at the manor

Postby conprodman » 01 Feb 2012, 23:32

The day started very cold with ice filling all the hoof prints in the field as I walked across to pond 3, I set up on a peg with settled water as there was a ripple across most of the pond and as I planned on the pole today I wanted to make it easy. wrong choice as the wind changed and I ended up in the worst swim. My mate Steve came along and set up on the other side and was into roach from the start with no feeding just bread punch on a size 18. I had an hour without a bite so moved round to the other side, the behold started to catch and catch we did for a cold winters day. The pond still had a lot of colour but the water was freezing and after unhooking a few dozen fish my fingers were blue. I had a couple of slow spells so decided to change from bread to worm head and it didm the trick, picked up a few skimmers and a better size roach. all the time i fed under my feet to hopefully bring in the Perch and at the end of the session I put in with a full worm and almost instantly had a good bite but missed it, I put in again and ended up with the 1 1/2lb Perch. that was enough to have me packing up with a smile and cold hands, no camera today but I used my phone for this one. great winter session on a quiet fishery, only me and Steve on the day is that a sign of madness I wonder. I would recommend this venue for a good winter session to anyone. :cold:
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: cold sunday at the manor

Postby Mike T » 01 Feb 2012, 23:42

thats a lovely perch there mate sounds like a productive day even tho it was cold :cold: :cold: lol

well done on getting out mate cheers for the report :thumb:
2014, species, codling, whiting, dab, blenny, flounder, bass 41cm, thornback ray on lrf tackle in morecambe bay off the shore. smoothound in heysham. plaice 2lb 1oz nasty weaver.
King of the North Wall

Postby TerryG » 02 Feb 2012, 00:10

Good sized perch phil :thumb: :thumb: I know how you like a big perch, Nice report mate, cheers :gp: :gp:
Terry 9T's

Postby Padsta Tel » 02 Feb 2012, 00:30

Great day for it Bro long time since i had a perch :fish: :fish: :fish: good report. :gp: :gp:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby ray » 02 Feb 2012, 08:50

nice perch fella, well in for getting out.

ray.
2023 species hunt.....Rockling, Dab, flounder, whiting, shanny.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Brez » 02 Feb 2012, 20:43

Cracking fish that Phil. Utmost respect for you pole fishing in this weather, bet the old hands spent a bit of time in your pockets :thumb: :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby jamesENGINEERmartin » 05 Feb 2012, 08:28

thats a nice perch phil!! :thumb: :thumb: sounds like a good winters day fishing!!! i can't wait to wet a line!!
Hardcore Addict

Return to Coarse and Carp