It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 17:56

Cable Bay 20th July

Northwales - All shore sea fishing catch reports from North Wales covering Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd and Wrexham.

Cable Bay 20th July

Postby BigBadCol » 24 Jul 2013, 13:26

With the weather as nice as it was I headed to Cable bay today a good low water mark we fished 2 weeks previously.
Today there was no fear of my re-supply not getting through cos Laura came with me. We were full from our BBQ'd pollack the evening before lol. Once on the mark again we spent a couple of minutes just gathering rubbish from the previous so called anglers.
Again my plan was a simple 1 blast the WR300 out as far as I could and play around in a nice deep hole I'd seen on my previous visit. Again straight from the off the wrasse were smashing my light rod, they were of a better stamp here today and a lot nicer in colour.

Laura even picked up the rod and as you can see from the picture she was over the moon with her pollack

Then on the short rod this beautiful creature came up.
we really do have some fantastic fish around our coast so colourful I believe he's a Tompot but not sure which one.
Again there was nothing on the WR300 but we were both kept busy throughout the session. As I was packing up I noticed the little rod getting some gentle pulls just like a crab however on reeling in we were greeted with this fantastically blue coloured lobster.
And no we didn't take it he was put back to live what ever life he chose.

Cheers

Col
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Cable Bay 20th July

Postby sharpey » 24 Jul 2013, 15:52

Another brill session? Where are these locations fella..?? Wales..?? Some beaut fish and well done on the litter pick..!!!

. 2
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Re: Cable Bay 20th July

Postby BigBadCol » 24 Jul 2013, 16:26

sharpey wrote:Another brill session? Where are these locations fella..?? Wales..?? Some beaut fish and well done on the litter pick..!!!

. 2

Yes mate Anglesey is the spot, a great place to visit and fish. You can hide somewhere in most bad weather too.

Col
Hardcore Addict

Cable Bay 20th July

Postby Pugsie » 24 Jul 2013, 16:48

Good report mate well done keep em cumming :0)

. 2
Captain Pugwash

Cable Bay 20th July

Postby sharpey » 24 Jul 2013, 17:27

Cheers Col..!!

. 2
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Re: Cable Bay 20th July

Postby rob f » 24 Jul 2013, 21:56

well col , it looks like another great days fishing . i think i should of fished the same week as you . well done mate :clap:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Return to North Wales Sea Fishing Reports