It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:10

Boat trip on the Chara

All shore sea fishing catch reports from around South Wales. Covering Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Swansea, Neath Port Talbot, Bridgend, Vale of Glamorgan, Cardiff, Newport, Monmouthshire.

Boat trip on the Chara

Postby Black Rat » 22 Feb 2015, 18:59

Had my first boat trip out on the Bristol Channel on the 20th Feb out on the Chara from Cardiff Marina. Weather was good sunny and calm for most of the day. Fishing was slow through out the day but managed to land four codling :fishing:, two keepers for the freezer :cheer: . All taken on lug/squid cocktail. In all 12 codling caught with five keepers in all.

Had to do a quick youtube search of how to fillet a cod when i got back. Not a bad job for my first attempt. Question now i how to cook them?

2016 Species caught: codling, whiting, flounder
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Boat trip on the Chara

Postby grumpyppops1 » 22 Feb 2015, 19:23

Season flour, cover both sides well.pat off excess beat a couple of eggs put fillets in egg cover well .then put them in breadcrumbs.frying pan with a little oil and butter on a medium heat 3 mins a side ,mmm don't start till I get there ,what's your postcode
Hardcore Addict

Location: Bolton,the town without a sea(but very expensive trains)

Re: Boat trip on the Chara

Postby rob f » 22 Feb 2015, 20:05

cracking report and photos mate :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Return to West and South Wales Sea Fishing Catch Reports