It is currently 11 May 2024, 15:08

back to reality

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

back to reality

Postby daley » 08 Jan 2013, 15:22

decided on a last minute session on the mersey at mariners wharf monday 7th . had no bait and as i always prefer freshouts for the mersey it meant driving over to southport beforehand a hours journey and a 25 minute walk out for the worms :( the worms were very deep and not a great load of casts but managed to scrape together enough for the short session . another long walk back which took 35 minutes as i had wandered more towards ainsdale than i thought. in the rain too :giveup: .
drove straight to mariners another 45 minutes seemed to take ages got set up and launched one and a half black lug as far as i could. couple of taps produced a dab.
not much coming out i had another dab and a small codling. and that was that. very disappointed . think the mersey is still suffering from the fresh water loads of grass etc .
so there it was after the good session at rossall school back down to earth with a bump .never mind thats how it goes.
till next time.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: back to reality

Postby rob f » 08 Jan 2013, 15:50

:thumb: :thumb: GOOD TRY MATE AT LEASE YOU MANAGED TO CATCH SOME FISH :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: THERE IS A LOT OF FRESH WATER IN THE MERSEY AT THE MOM YOU NEED ABOUT 4 DAYS OF DRY WEATHER ..GOOD LOOK ON YOUR NEXT SESSION :fish: :fish: :fish:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby nuttyprot » 08 Jan 2013, 16:16

Lot of effort but you got some small fish may not have been what you wanted but much better than blanking.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Padsta Tel » 08 Jan 2013, 17:36

A lot of effort for a fishing trip on the plus side keeping you fit with all the walking and no blank :thumb:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Rushy » 08 Jan 2013, 23:12

Sometimes you've just got to try these things, occasionally they come off and sometimes they don't :thumb: keep it in the memory bank for next time, but at least you gave it a go bud and you did catch :clap: it beats watching telly!

cheers for the report :gp:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports