It is currently 03 May 2024, 23:35

another northwall report haha

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

another northwall report haha

Postby Mike T » 06 Apr 2014, 20:46

so my dad who hasnt sea fished in over 14 years decided its time he mans up and puts a bait in the water.

we got there 4 hours before my old man was already there setting up keen as mustard :fishing: :fishing:

the wall was busy 4 hours before and by the time it was 2 hours before it was packed,

so me n my little lad got out of the car and went over to grandad to teach him how too set up fishing gear again :bleh: :bleh: his own son who teached him all those years ago now reteaching his own dad haha :roll: :roll: anyhow he got set up then i set up i opted to use,

1/0 loop rig
1/0 2 hook clipped flapper,

bait was fresh black and fresh blow and a bag of whites (not all there cracked up too be i don't think)

then mark turned up in his green camper with his kids, my little lad was away in the camper having fun with marks 2 girls kept him ebntertained at least until i caught him walking in the pissing down rain with no shoes or socks on :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: bleeding kids eh lol.

i also set my dad up with the same rigs as me and we was away fishing, obviously i was in first eh :whistle: :whistle: :lol: its no competition fishing wih my old man hahahahaha lol

little plaice,

then i had another little plaice

dad was panicking i think lol until of course he reeled his first sea fish in 14 years :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: a nice little morecambe bay plaice, :clap: :clap:

then mark had a plaice, then we seen craggers he popped up for a chat always a top fella as usual,

he was so intent on getting there before mac to grab that first bass before him wow this is getting serious i even heard mac saying he would cut craggers line if he saw a silver flash when reeling in lol :hurt:

fishing was really slow tbh and nothing of size apart from the usual dirty dogs,

the rain was persistent but it was not cold and not too windy,

i ended with 17 fish 6 species, i had dog fish, plaice, flounder, dab, whiting and codling. not too bad considering how slow it was,

me old man ended with 5 or 6 cod plaice whiting dog,

and i think mark ended with the same score,

to be honest even if i had of blanked i wouldn't have bothered because it was brilliant that my dad had come out afterall He's the reason i'm intent on sea fishing, and as he is also my boss at work it was great to get away from that side of things and just have a father son and grandson day it was great i really hope there will be more of this :love: :lol:

we stayed until the bitter end hoping for that last minute bass but we never got it, ah well maybe me and aidan will snare it first thing in the morning its my last day off work tommorow so me n the little man are waking up early and we are gunna fish the out tide on the wall for a few hours too use up this bait, sorry no pictures guys n gals it was raining and my phone had died i wasnt taking my expensive camera in the rain,

cheers for reading tight lines. :thumb:
2014, species, codling, whiting, dab, blenny, flounder, bass 41cm, thornback ray on lrf tackle in morecambe bay off the shore. smoothound in heysham. plaice 2lb 1oz nasty weaver.
King of the North Wall

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: another northwall report haha

Postby Padsta Tel » 06 Apr 2014, 20:54

Its great Mike to fish with Dad Son and Grandson must have brought a lump in your throat :thumb: :thumb:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Jammygit » 06 Apr 2014, 20:55

Great report as always mate! Well done on species :thumb: hope you get a few tomorrow :fishing: :fish:
Do or do not, there is no try..... YODA
padsta's lovechild

Postby Blanko » 06 Apr 2014, 21:04

Well done Mike (& family!!) plenty of variety there,you can rely on the wall to produce a few, shame there's nowt huge but plenty of time this season for a big Bass
2015 total : 26 sessions 188 fish
Species : Whiting,Codling,Dab,Flounder,Plaice,Dogfish,Bass,Eel,
King Of the Plaice
King Of the Plaice

Postby craggers » 06 Apr 2014, 21:26

:gp: Mike apart from the rain which i hate wasn't a bad session could do with a few bigger ones though or that big bass :yeah2: you had plenty to keep you busy :thumb:
Born to fish Forced to work
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 06 Apr 2014, 21:33

good post mike , well done mate :clap: :clap:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby mac » 07 Apr 2014, 08:10

Good read Mike plenty of smaller :fish: a good day despite the rain , no bass though , that many rods out i reckon all the lead splashes scared em off :lol: :lol:
(famous local match man)

Postby bob1 » 07 Apr 2014, 12:35

Great report mate good read well done
Hardcore Addict

Postby Seaplugger » 07 Apr 2014, 15:21

Good day out :fishing: with the family :thumb: :thumb: Great report :cheer: :cheer:
Hardcore Addict

Postby grandadruss » 07 Apr 2014, 18:27

Great report Mike and a nice family day out :D
Glad your dad enjoyed it and no blank as well after a 14 year lay off. :cheer:
Thanks also for the ongoing Craggers n Mac update :thumb:
Dread to think about the reports when one gets the first bass,it'll be handbags that's for sure :spite:
Species hunt 2016 Saltwater -
Species hunt 2016 Freshwater-Perch-Roach-Bream-Common Carp-Tench-Rudd-Gudgeon
King of Rossall

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports