It is currently 04 May 2024, 15:53

Anchorsholm 19may

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Anchorsholm 19may

Postby Martin G » 19 May 2012, 19:22

picked up at seven this morning by stevie g (cheers ste :thumb: :thumb: ) we decided to fish anchorsholm after reading/hearing great reports from down that way. ;)
:box: :box: Hoping for a shore caught bass, smooth hound or ray to add to the species list, and armed with enough bait for a ten man match, we arrived and set up just to the right of the Roundhead . I fished a two hook flapper size 2/0 close in and a single hook running ledger size 3/0 at range.
Apart from my first ever crackoff :black: then small birdie first cast, there's not much else to report,
I had a small knock on the flapper rig (which ste said was a figment of my imagination :blah: :blah: ) :lol:
That was the only action all day
Fished about 3hours either side of high tide, baits used were,
Crab, fresh and frozen
Black, fresh and frozen
Unwashed squid
Mackerel
Sand eel
Met a few lads out for a wander and was told about a 14 pound 6oz smoothie landed the othernight :shock: :o :shock: :clap: which just made our blank a little harder to swallow. :(
Well there's always next week, unless I head to the north wall tomorrow with the kids ??? ???
Cheers again ste, good laugh even if the fish werent bothering :thumb:
Krackoff King

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Anchorsholm 19may

Postby Celtic Sea Angler » 20 May 2012, 09:59

Sorry to hear about the blank. It’s always a risky proposition trying out a new mark as you’re never quite sure if you are fishing a hotspot or a duff-spot, the right state of the tide or time of day. It’s always great fun figuring it out though! I see what you mea about a ton of bait! I’m sure you’ll both have better luck next week :thumb:
Almost an Addict

Postby craggers » 20 May 2012, 15:04

Hard luck on the blank guys,the cost of bait and fuel some times makes it hard to justify traveling.
The thought of a big :fish: will always make us go back lol.
better luck next time out. :thumb: :gp:
Born to fish Forced to work
Hardcore Addict

Postby Martin G » 20 May 2012, 19:09

To be honest I knew in the back of my mind (after reading all I could) we weren't gonna catch a smoothie in daylight, but I at least thought we would get a bass or two. Your right tho craggers it's the maybe that makes us keep showing up.
Maybe next week :lmao: :lmao:
Krackoff King

Postby Padsta Tel » 20 May 2012, 19:25

Good effort lads better luck next time long way to go for. O fish but I've done that more than once :thumb:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby TerryG » 20 May 2012, 21:29

Nice try lads, Shame about the blank but at least you have tried a new mark that can produce some great fish on its day :thumb:
Terry 9T's

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports