It is currently 11 May 2024, 11:48

A memorable night at 5bar gate

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Postby kyle » 06 Jan 2013, 13:44

With my first session of the year been a blank and that putting me on a two blank streak :x:x:xI was gagging to get out and after seeing reports that a good number of cod were showing over Blackpool way I got on to xcweather and it look cock on so I got on the dog and bone to my good pal (mike t ) at first he said noooo but I pestered him and did not give up! He ended up saying yes and lodging over in Blackpool with the wife and kids but having to come back for rod ect and me :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: then we hit a snag he could not bring me back I tried and tried to get a lift back but not a chance then yet again the wife has a whinge at me, but a bottle of wine sorted that hahaha! So I payed mike to bring me back he got to mine at 7pm respooled our reels, had tea and off to where mike was staying the night

When we got to mikes digs for the night we had a nice cuppa as all we had for the beach was water :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and a smoke and set of to five bar we hit blackpool front where mike lost all sense of the road and was heading for the tram line :-o :-o :-o :-o mad DID YOU GET YOUR LICENCE OUT THE COCO PACK THIS MORNING MATE? LOL only joking
We got to five bar in one piece LOL for 9.45pm When yet another snag, mikes head torch bust so I got my multi tool out to have a look too find yep its broke :roll: :roll: we agreed to use the one and make do

A fella in a van pulled up and mike been mike managed to make a deal with him to borrow a head torch for some worms we were going to pump and a new friend was made :grin: :grin:

We got geared up and me mike and our new pal pete to the walk out to low water mark baited up on a 3/0 pully with a single black lug and slowly waded out up to waist high and cast out, we had 15mins banter and a smoke and getting to know our new pal :-) :-) :-) :-) :- ):-)

Tap tap tap my rod tip went, I struck and fish on, it felt a big bugger :roll: but it was a good size whytin of about 30cm LOL I was first to beat the blank I was a happy man two mins later pete had a dab and mike a whytin too I just added a single worm to my last bait and off out it went as far left as it would go as mike hates crossed lines Haha

As the worm was getting low we took what I think's called the cod walk or doing a phill 85 LOL in search of worm. The casts were few and far between but hitting most the cast :grin::grin: as we found them pete and mike found a rig with a good dab still on so a new rig and weight for pete and the dab let go free

Heading back to the rods mike says some one has a slack line it was me so I start reeling in the slack the bang FISH ONNNNNNNNNNN so heavy my 3 back up reel (9.99 gerrys starter reel )could not reel it in proper just jumping its cogs so I start walking back slowly keeping the line tight at all times mike and pete with the lights on to see what it was and yes I landed my first big cod my face lit up and giggling like a kid with cheap frills LOL we I did I was over the moon on top of the world I done it at last had a hug and a man kiss with mike t I had got what I came for yessssssssssss little feet dance.........the works hahaha

We got back too it as now the tide had turn and was on the flood we all wanting More cod

Pete had a slack line but lost it mike was in with the whytin still the gully starting to fill and time to move I was still buzzing so time was flying for me we all called it as the worm cast had gone and down to one worm left

I was grinning all the way home my face was killing the grin was that big

A big thank you to mike for driving and to a new friend pete

So it was
Kyle 1 whytin 1cod
Mike 2 whytin 1dab
Peat 1 whytin 2dab 1of them found

Bait fresh black
Rigs pully pennel

Till next time a happy kyle

Xxxx
species hunt 2012 dab/whitin/codling/bass/flounder/tope pup/
Ginga Ninja

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: A memorable night at 5bar gate

Postby john pie » 06 Jan 2013, 14:07

Great report and pics Kyle made up for you that's a cracker ....Well worth all the pestering at Mike ......Good on yer Mike for going out of your way for a mate.......

What was the final weight of it ? :fish:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :yeah2: :yeah2:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Granvillen » 06 Jan 2013, 14:12

Nice Cod that Kyle, you will need a big pan of chips to go with that. Tight lines for 2013.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Mike T » 06 Jan 2013, 14:40

Kyle it was an absoulute pleasure mate. You really deserved that cod I'm still smiling for you.

Well done mate. I am glad i was there to whitness you bringing in that fish. It was a very good night mate.

proper made up for you.

2014, species, codling, whiting, dab, blenny, flounder, bass 41cm, thornback ray on lrf tackle in morecambe bay off the shore. smoothound in heysham. plaice 2lb 1oz nasty weaver.
King of the North Wall

Postby Kev P » 06 Jan 2013, 14:44

Nice one lads!

nice coddo Kyle!

Species caught in 2019
I'm easy

Postby Padsta Tel » 06 Jan 2013, 14:50

Brilliant report Kyle dead chuffed for you.

15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby daley » 06 Jan 2013, 14:56

good stuff . the codling are inshore at the moment go fill yer boots before they head off again :-)
Hardcore Addict

Postby kyle » 06 Jan 2013, 15:55

Dead and gguttet wight. In at 3lb 6oz made up. I am

Ginga Ninja

Postby kyle » 06 Jan 2013, 16:31

Cod chunks in butter and lemon sauce Image

Ginga Ninja

Postby Mike T » 06 Jan 2013, 17:30

Lol mate kellys face dontvlook impressed lol

2014, species, codling, whiting, dab, blenny, flounder, bass 41cm, thornback ray on lrf tackle in morecambe bay off the shore. smoothound in heysham. plaice 2lb 1oz nasty weaver.
King of the North Wall

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports