It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:43

A Fish A Chuck

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

A Fish A Chuck

Postby Rocket Ron » 11 Dec 2012, 11:31

Fished 17.30 to 22.30 by Rossall School last night.
From the off the dabs and whiting were fighting amongst themselves to get on size 4/0 pulley pennel.
Took 3 good whiting and 2 good dabs
P1030136.JPG
P1030136.JPG (173.57 KiB) Viewed 279 times

. All the rest were under size.and returned Not sure how many I ended up with, but would have trebled it with size 1 hooks. an enjoyable night and little time to think about the cold as was kept too busy.
Rocket Ron

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: A Fish A Chuck

Postby Padsta Tel » 11 Dec 2012, 12:43

A chuck a fish sounds good to me well braved in the :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: weather. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Dangerousden » 11 Dec 2012, 13:14

Well done on the session.....and for braving the elements Ron :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

A Fish A Chuck

Postby Pugsie » 11 Dec 2012, 13:43

Tidy little sesh mate well done
Captain Pugwash

Postby mercury 13 » 11 Dec 2012, 18:08

Good fishing mate :cheer: certainly good to hear, but whats happened to the dogs this years seem to be a bit thin on the ground this year.Unlike last year when you couldn't get anything else for them??
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rocket Ron » 11 Dec 2012, 18:34

mercury 13 wrote:Good fishing mate :cheer: certainly good to hear, but whats happened to the dogs this years seem to be a bit thin on the ground this year.Unlike last year when you couldn't get anything else for them??

Would echo your observation about dogfish, more importantly are where the cod at?
Caught plenty at begining of October (early) then none since start of November. Should be showing in large numbers now.
Perhaps it's all weather related.
Showing up in Mersey tho!
Anyone got an answear?
Rocket Ron

Postby stevenlisa24 » 11 Dec 2012, 19:06

Would echo your observation about dogfish, more importantly are where the cod at?
Caught plenty at begining of October (early) then none since start of November. Should be showing in large numbers now.
Perhaps it's all weather related.
Showing up in Mersey tho!
Anyone got an answear?[/quote]

Not an answer but a few theories!

There may have been a lot of whiting out there, maybe the cod have been munching them and not coming inshore?

However whilst fishing last weekend I swear a saw a seal maybe 60 yds out at ancorsholme, IF a colony of seals were knocking about would they eat or scare the cod away? and stop them coming inshore in numbers in the area?

I have only heard a few reports of them being caught (cod not seals) also noticed the other week that a few porpuiose had been spotted at south shore. Now i saw the dead one at the george thornley so they are about.

But to be honest no one could say for sure.

Take care
steve
There's no such thing as bad weather just a bad choice of clothing!

2013 Fish Count so far:
10 Flounder
5 Whiting
10 DAB
3 Rockling
2 Plaice
12 mackeral
http://stevenlisa24.wordpress.com/
Hardcore Addict

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports