It is currently 19 May 2024, 06:18

Gynn, Weed, Rain, Traffic Lights and ......

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Gynn, Weed, Rain, Traffic Lights and ......

Postby shacky » 26 Jun 2016, 20:20

Yes, Sunday had arrived and along with it, the rain and wind. Of course, we were fishing...that's why!
I met up with Cosierat, Rowley & Willpower. Gave it time for others to appear and headed down to our usual spot.
There were already two anglers set up next to the "pool", so we fished just beyond. As it turned out Billbob was the angler directly next to the boating pool. Great to meet you :thumb:
I took a look over the wall and was horrified at what i saw..

Masses of weed and junk on the beach. This would be a very hard and testing match, knowing it would all soon be waterborne :sos:
Bagger appeared having overslept :shock: and settled in at the far end. There was a line of rods (us) and then it ended..

The fishing began and a quick peek over the wall confirmed the worst..

Hoping for things to settle down in the sea for any chance of fishing, it did, but restricted us to a 20yard lob, not the best place in a rough sea.
The reports of sole being caught all week had a few of us interested in catching one, though the weather had other ideas. Billbob had is heart set on one for the species list..

I had also tied up a traffic light rig with smaller than usual hooks, to try my luck with the sole.
We were all struggling, the weed was horrendous and limiting us to casting at the base of the slope of the wall.
An hour passed and the TL-rig gave an almighty bite and was stunned what the tiny hook produced..

As the tide eased, so did the weed, though not enough..

Bagger landed himself a snack..

A perfectly formed little gurnard..

Mike was giving us a few weeding lessons..

Then at last, the species everyone wanted, made an entrance..

Not a monster, though very welcome..

High water was looming, the tide easing, though..

The look on rowleys face said it all..

Bang on high tide, this little fella made an entrance..

The tide started to go out and along with it, our hopes, things did not improve. We gave it our all and bagger had some crab legs on the go..

Tony could take the awful weather no more. He had gone white with the cold and rain. Not the best way to celebrate your birthday (Best Wishes Matey) :thumb: and did the sensible thing and headed for home.
Billbob came over for a natter, he had caught plaice and flounder. The sole eluded him. He too called it a day.
Four of us left, also cold and wet..

Looking over the wall ended the match early for us. You just could not fish in this..

So our day was done. Not a lot of fish, but a few species. Non of us had fresh crab, though blackworm and fish baits did some damage.
Back there again next week...PLEASE, better weather.
Last edited by shacky on 27 Jun 2016, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Gynn, Weed, Rain, Traffic Lights and ......

Postby billbob » 26 Jun 2016, 20:48

Nice report and well fished. I caught two species of flatty but not the one I wanted. I will try later in the week. Nice to meet you all. :gp:
2022 Species, Flounder, Plaice, Dab,
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 26 Jun 2016, 20:52

Terrible conditions guys :cold: but at lease the :fishing: got better has the day went on :gp: and pics ian :clap: :clap: :clap:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby Mosstrooper » 26 Jun 2016, 21:51

nice catch. couple of basslets and a sole, well fished. the weed has been there all week.
2018 species; weed, plastic bag, weed, somebodies line, the pier (twice), half a tree, poop bag (full) and some burst ballons.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 26 Jun 2016, 22:26

Shacky another top report on yours and the gangs :fishing: session with pictures to help tell the story.some :fish: with bass in the capture list(still not had one yet) top read well done to you all.enjoyed the read :gp: :gp: :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 26 Jun 2016, 22:52

What a difference in two days..?? Burnt a little yesterday... Excellent report in the crap weather mate, awful sea, but you scored a few. Well done all...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby ray » 27 Jun 2016, 07:03

cracking report as usual shacky, well done on getting out and braving the conditions. :thumb:
2023 species hunt.....Rockling, Dab, flounder, whiting, shanny.
Hardcore Addict

Postby pensioner pete » 27 Jun 2016, 09:52

Great report and pics as usual . Nice mix of fish. Weed a big problem and weather not good so well done to the brave guys for sticking it out.
Hardcore Addict

Postby baggerbarnes » 27 Jun 2016, 13:41

good report as usual sea you on the next one if i get up early enough :blah: :blah: :fishing: :gp:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Sir Humphrey Rtd » 27 Jun 2016, 14:21

:gp: as always Ian, was going to have a go yesterday but must admit weather forecast put me off. Weed was only a bit of a problem last week nothing like you had to put up with yesterday :banghead: :banghead:

But at least it is congradulations on the silvers that have been a rarity lately :cheer: :cheer:
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports