It is currently 21 May 2024, 16:28

AA MINI MEET AT CHATSWORTH SLOPE 13TH JULY

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

AA MINI MEET AT CHATSWORTH SLOPE 13TH JULY

Postby hughie » 13 Jul 2014, 16:56

Well it was that time again for our july mini meet match, the chosen place was chatsworth slope rossall. The conditions on the day were lets say were Bassy. You know what I mean ,blowing, rough , westerllies. Spot on. the anglers started to arrive early to get the best bays :lol: All set up and ready to go, We were full of hope, but that soon deminished when the huge clumps of weed started getting on everyones line.
Nothing was being caught then there was news that a tope pup had been brought out near the entrance, I had a walk down and it was Terry Havill who had caught it, So this little pup held the lead for ages, Surely this isnt going to be the only fish of the day.
there was about an hour to go when dave (Rushy) pulled in a tope pup as well, but slightly bigger than terrys. so he was now winning and not long to go. Just look at the birdie he got.

DSCF6158.JPG
DSCF6158.JPG (406.79 KiB) Viewed 409 times

My line had gone slack after I returned from another one of my walks, and on reeling in I had a suprise 47cm eel . so I was in the lead now :lol: with about half an hour to go I noticed my rod knocking a bit, thought it was just the weed , but on reeling in I had an even bigger eel on, it came through the surf and on to the slope, we were all up on top walk by now, I shouted to rushy to hold the rod as weed had got stuck in the eye, and while doing this the eel slipped off and slid back into the sea. Aiir was blue. :banghead: further down the wall a small flounder was pulled out by Ant Higson which won him biggest flat.
nothing else got caught and we all made our way back to the cars, had a few buttys and gave out the prizes.Bit embarassing winning it with an eel :oops:
I would just like to thank everyone who fished today ,there were a few new lads and a few fishing a match for the first time, cheers lads for coming and I hope the lack of fish won't put you off attending again at our next one. Big thanks to codless who donated £15 worth of vouchers to be spent at gerrys, and to zippy mark, who gives us a medal for the biggest fish. Our meets are getting popular and going from strength to strength, so long as you want them I will run them.

heres a list of who fished today

1 hughie eel 47cm
2 rushy tope pup 40 cm
3 terry havill tope pup 36cm
4 ant higson flounder 22cm
5 djdave
5 mac
5 jimsta
5 woody67
5 rob f
5 john pie
5 blackpool daz
5 steve o
5 alex
5 andy frank
5 craig mac
5 wayne davies
5 matt bookock
5 zippy mark
5 couchy

hope to see you all at the next one, cheers hughie
Attachments
DSCF6166.JPG
DSCF6166.JPG (293.44 KiB) Viewed 409 times
DSCF6162.JPG
DSCF6162.JPG (359.44 KiB) Viewed 409 times
DSCF6161.JPG
DSCF6161.JPG (339.49 KiB) Viewed 409 times
DSCF6160.JPG
DSCF6160.JPG (328.68 KiB) Viewed 409 times
DSCF6159.JPG
DSCF6159.JPG (320.43 KiB) Viewed 409 times
DSCF6157.JPG
DSCF6157.JPG (269.17 KiB) Viewed 409 times
LETS GO FISHING.
Rossall Bassmeister

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: AA MINI MEET AT CHATSWORTH SLOPE 13TH JULY

Postby grandadruss » 13 Jul 2014, 17:07

Well done Hughie :champ:
Looked to have been a good day for all and good luck with the mini meets.
Hughie..Rossall eelmeister ???
Sounds good to me :thumb:
Species hunt 2016 Saltwater -
Species hunt 2016 Freshwater-Perch-Roach-Bream-Common Carp-Tench-Rudd-Gudgeon
King of Rossall

Postby Steve 0 » 13 Jul 2014, 17:15

was a good craic weed was a problem and the wind was steadily picking up , ended with a blank. looking forward to the next one .

Almost an Addict

Postby Jimsta » 13 Jul 2014, 17:17

Well done Hughie ,another good meet mate :cheer: :cheer:

Not many fish though but craic was good as always .

Gona try to night on the Wall at Heysham hopefully some :fish: :fish: will show .

See you at the next meet mate :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby sea spray 57 » 13 Jul 2014, 17:26

:cheer: well done Hughie for the organising and congrats to all who caught :fish: all those who didn't I'm sure youll come out :box: for the next one ??? once again congrats hughie :champ:
2015 species hunt weaver red gurnard dab flounder
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rushy » 13 Jul 2014, 17:36

Another great Fylde coast meet Hughie, well organised and run bud, huge thanks from everyone for putting all that effort in :clap:

Shame no-one told the fish to turn up :doh: it was slow and hard going with the weed and the blustery conditions, I had to go back to my car and get a coat :oops: :lol:

As usual the pictures don't do the conditions justice

We had a mid match flyby from the RNLI sponsored boat pull.....

I think it might have been the lack of sleep :sleepy: but I had a mid match fly by as well.....I watched my lead fly into the distance unencumbered by any line! :lmao:

Thankfully I had another reel ready to go, so I changed tactics slightly and ditched the size 2 hooks/scratching rig and put a pulley/pennel on loaded with a full black and some frozen crab, hoping the bigger scent trail might attract a spiky silver or something amongst the crashing waves..

Not quite but welcome all the same.....

There wasn't much bragging rights at the end but it was another good turn out and the banter was excellent as usual :thumb:

The winners....

Thanks to everyone who showed up and thanks again to Hughie was another great meet :notworthy:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby WOODY 67 » 13 Jul 2014, 17:44

well done hughie what a cracking day :cheer: shame about the weed and a shortage of fish :banghead: but looking forward to the next one :D :D
Trainee Addict

Postby rob f » 13 Jul 2014, 17:59

Another blank for me :banghead: But well done to every one that managed to catch a :fish: , apart from the strong wind , weed and a lack of fish . i enjoyed the match and had a laugh with the lads . thanks hughie for arranging it and the food :thumb: :thumb: :champ:
Looking foreward to the next one :thumb: :thumb:
Last edited by rob f on 13 Jul 2014, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby mac » 13 Jul 2014, 18:21

Top bit of craic again Hughie as for the :fishing: , well its not the winning it`s the taking part that count`s ??? ??? ???
What a crock o`shite that saying is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great day out again and look forward to the next one :banghead: :lol:
(famous local match man)

Postby couchy » 13 Jul 2014, 18:46

another good meet, blank for me but you can't win them all, good turnout shame the fish didn't bother their arse to show up :banghead: here's a pic of one of the winners, rushy with his tope pup
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports