It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:06

How To Apply X-Flock To Your Fishing Rod!

Fishing tutorials and "how to" section. A forum for members to share their angling hints and tips.....

How To Apply X-Flock To Your Fishing Rod!

Postby Scuba Chris » 03 Mar 2024, 18:14

You Need an Air Heat Gun & X-Flock Tubing (I Use 35mm Diameter)!

I'm using a Seekone 1800W Heat Gun. You will need a sharp cutting tool and a metal straight edge. I'm using a Rafter Square. Pretty self explanatory when you view this video. I edited out as much as i could but it was still 15min. Sorry. I'm trying to make this video a "how to" for someone who knows nothing about tools and how to use them.

This was my first time doing this. I knew how but never tried it. My cheap plastic box cutter had a crack in the housing so got cut a little w/the blade protruding. Going to get a metal one tomorrow. I wanted to use this rod for years. My former boss sent me golf grips to try covering it but they were very thick and after 40min my fingers were cramping. This rod was the brainchild of my former boss Jeff. He dubbed it the Shoreline Plugger at 9'6". Jeff went on to representing Penn & i stayed with Okuma & Mustad.

At least I corrected questioned the wrong colors & materials used at the factory. It looks EXACTLY what it should look like now w/black X-Flock Shrink Tube. The initial shipments unfortunately went to the Big Island where it sold out. Fast. The purpose of this rod was to shore-cast sm-med sized plugs to med to med/hvy jigs without killing your arms & shoulders. So i decided to finalize my copy to do just that without purchasing one though i spent around $80 to do this.

In earlier testing i caught Jacks & Cudas from shore surfcasting & plugging to jigging. Some of the Big Island anglers have shared with me how much they love this inexpensive rod. I'm glad for that. I've recommended this rod to many who wanted to shore fish for larger game at home or traveling. The happiest were those targeting Roosterfish down South. At first i was a little salty for having to spend my own funds just to use this again. But after working on it today i had nothing but pride & the satisfaction of doing this modification myself instead of waiting for the replacement.

I learned a valuable piece of fishing knowledge today. Now the money means nothing. If any of this can help anyone out there then it was worth it. Thank you for taking the time to watch my channel.

https://youtu.be/o_5MPnyG18c
Attachments
Cover- X-Flock.PNG
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to How to.... Fishing tutorials