It is currently 12 May 2024, 23:07

Insane 35kg Max Drag in a 4K Reel? X6X Kratos Max!

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

Insane 35kg Max Drag in a 4K Reel? X6X Kratos Max!

Postby Scuba Chris » 28 Feb 2023, 01:51

X6X Kratos Max 4K by Olympus!

Have you ever found yourself in need of a powerful spinning reel but in a small package? Imagine using a 4K or a 6K spinner that had 35kg (+77lbs) of max drag force? Wouldn't that be insane? I own powerful spinning reels from Asia to the USA and not one of them has this type of insane max drag rating!

As far as i know nobody has ever reviewed this reel. So for myself it took awhile to gather the information to produce this review. I had to get some of my information translated from Italian to fully appreciate this reel. It comes in 4K & 6K sizes. What grabbed me was the max drag rating?! 35kg in any reel is unheard of. So i contacted one of my friends who works in a US owned factory that produces fishing reels & he remembered this model as they tested one a few years back.

Before i released this video i learned that the spools of the 4K & 6K models were interchangeable as well! Ok, now i was hooked. I had to bring in one just to check it out myself. Again not much information is out there on these 2 spinning reels so this is what i have.

Kratos Max X6X 4K Spinning Reel
Gear Ratio- 4.6:1
Weight- 406g/0.89lbs
Max Drag- 35kg/77.1lbs
Ball Bearings- 10 + 1

Mono Capacity- 0.35/200yd, 0.40/160yd, 0.45/120yd
Frame/Side-plates/Rotor/Spool- Anodized Aluminum
Quick Set Anti-Reverse System(for demanding pluggers & jiggers)
Mechanical Stabilizer System
Anti-Salt Treatment
Micrometric Friction Control
Mechanical Rotor Stabilizer System
Interchangeable 4K & 6K Spools
Made in P.R.C.

This unit was kindly sent to me by Mr Silvio Fattori & Mr Ivan Castellari of Olympus in Italy.

https://youtu.be/2pjhAHT7vmY
Attachments
16-Cover.jpg
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to Tackle Talk