It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:06

Runnels 12/1/20

North East Sea fishing forum - Fishing reports Covering Yorkshire , Tyne & Wear, Durham, Cleveland and Northumberland - South Shields Amble Tynemouth Scarborough Filey Grimsby Whitby Bridlington

Runnels 12/1/20

Postby Kev » 12 Jan 2020, 13:36

The big one is still out there. ..fished 150 yds left of the get down at Runnels from low water. ..after a quiet hour I had a keeper on full dirty squid which was returned...my other rod had a loop rig with lug baits but all I could tempt on that was whiting which kept me busy while I waited for something better to take my big squid baits....mid tide saw the dreaded weed appear which was a pain as when that started the bites stopped. 2 hours before high I was forced to get back up to safety so opted to fish by the get down...once set up there I cast out and had no more weed...another smaller codling came to a lug and squid head bait while the whiting were still on the lug baits...sport died towards high water so I called it a day....nice night to be out though the biggun will have to wait for another day.
The Special One

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to North East Sea Fishing Reports