It is currently 29 May 2022, 13:17

Okuma Baitfeeder Spinning Reels Outpowers Large Stingrays!

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

Okuma Baitfeeder Spinning Reels Outpowers Large Stingrays!

Postby Scuba Chris » 29 Dec 2021, 07:17

All Rays Were Safely Landed & Released-Was Trying For Jacks Using Whole Live Crabs!

Baitfeeders are popular reels for catfishing. But i don't see many using them for shoreline saltwater fishing. But i recently found a local angler who fishes the same area in this video who also only uses Okuma baitfeeder reels, James Inkyo. To be more precise Avenger Baitfeeders. I started using the Trio Baitfeeders but now i use all Coronado Baitfeeders here.

I had to cut all the individual videos in half, or more because of the long drawn-out fights when making this combined video. I must say every hit on a baitfeeder held because i gave the fish at least 6-8sec to run with the live crab bait because the baitfeeder switch was set to be loose to allow a better hook-up. If i wait too long the fish could swallow the bait but over the years i hooked every Ray & Fish in the mouth. Seems 6-8sec is a good time frame to use.

Since i made these video segments using the BF-65 with the max drag of 22lbs i've been using the newer Coronado Baitfeeders. They're rated between 27-38lbs max drag. Almost doubled. The smaller Avenger Baitfeeders range from 6-26lbs. The new Rockaway 8000 Baitfeeder coming out will have a max of 35lbs. If you fish fresh or saltwater using live or dead baits you may want to try a baitfeeder for better hook-ups:)

https://youtu.be/NZXEO0poNKA
Attachments
Baitfeeder Cover.jpg
Baitfeeder.jpg
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to Tackle Talk