It is currently 26 Jun 2022, 02:51

My Limited Edition GT Reel Has Been Broken In!

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

My Limited Edition GT Reel Has Been Broken In!

Postby Scuba Chris » 22 May 2022, 01:19

Yes! I Actually Used my Okuma Limited Edition Spinning Reel Instead of Leaving it Boxed on a Shelf!

Last year Okuma release 1,500 numbered units in green & orange to mimic those bright showy colors that the Grand Touring racing cars are known for. But i had to go & use it! So i paired my best green & golden jig by Mustad, the Tracershots with Okuma's 9'9" Guide Select Pro Spinning Rod with the GT Spinners. So i found out this reel is for real!

The retrieval speed was adequate to keep the fish on. The 22lb of max drag felt strong when i maxed it out just to test it. An unexpected surprise was the highly packed even line lay! That explained how smoothly the line peels off the spool & the extreme distance that i was getting using both my 20g & 25g Tracershot Jigs by Mustad.

To be honest i was under the impression that limited edition reels were made for collectors to cherish as collectors items. I found this spinner to be as desirable & functional as my Cedros 4000 spinner. Size wise it is a 4000 spinning reel. I easily made over 100 casts today. Even though i brought in nothing "sizable" i tried to play the fish to see how the reel reacted.

I brought in 3 fish & i had 3 strikes that came off. All fish were safely released back. The gloves i used today were from Gorilla Grip. I've been using these gloves for over 4yr now with no problems.

https://youtu.be/hhfmPdYA8uY
Attachments
My Limited Edition- Cover.jpg
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to Tackle Talk