It is currently 08 Dec 2021, 08:20

how i improved my fishing

Fishing tutorials and "how to" section. A forum for members to share their angling hints and tips.....

how i improved my fishing

Postby whistleing sands » 28 Sep 2021, 20:00

this video explains what has helped my own fishing improve and get steady results.
But i still have blank and poor sessions that's real fishing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPBXalEW-Wg&t=4s
Fishing for me is 20% knowledge and 80% luck / you can only put yourself in the best location you know and cast your baited rigs out then its up to luck if a fish finds your bait.

I have also collected my own baits for over 45 years that has also given me a good understanding of what bait to use at different venues and for what my target fish are .
Have a look at them on my video channel https://www.youtube.com/c/Brianwhistlei ... ary/videos

What has improved your own fishing ?

Cheers Brian.
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: how i improved my fishing

Postby ray » 07 Oct 2021, 20:48

i have watched quite a few of your vids, really interesting, keep it up. :thumb:

What has improved your own fishing ?

fishing with other who have probably forgotten more than i know about sea fishing.

i love reading and i like watching vids, it's a great way to learn stuff, but fishing with experienced lads just gives that bit extra. :thumb:
2021 species....long-spined sea scorpion, whiting, tope, doggie, dab, flounder, bass, sole, plaice, thorny.
Hardcore Addict

Re: how i improved my fishing

Postby whistleing sands » 12 Oct 2021, 20:34

Thanks Ray that's what real fishing is about all sharing our own knowledge with each other.
that's how I know what I know now.
You can learn and come up with things by yourself but its nice to be able to spread the knowledge either with the new anglers or the experienced.

but after 50 years of fishing I still have plenty to learn .

too much secret service stuff now and a hell of a lot of just trophy picture fishing :roll:
Internet has good points in you can do as you say and search for information and help
BUT also has a lot of know it all's and keyboard nasties .

Cheers Brian.
Trainee Addict

Return to How to.... Fishing tutorials