It is currently 12 Aug 2022, 22:23

Hell of a Gynn...<º))))><

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Hell of a Gynn...<º))))><

Postby shacky » 02 Dec 2021, 21:09

This was fished on the 21/11/21

You know when you get out of bed and everything seems to go wrong. Today was the day!
Meeting up with Paul at our usual haunt. The weather man had got the wind direction right but, was way out with the speed.
The beach didn't look bad a few nooks and crannies here and there, gave us a few spots to aim for..

We parked cars nose into the wind..

Then i spotted it.....Weed! and lots of it..

I prepared for the worst starting with one rod to test the water. Not bad, odd weed here and there. Second rod out and i asked for trouble. the northerly wind picked up and so did the debris with it.
i ended up loosing rigs, wind knots around KWAG rod eyes, couldn't buy a bite and watched my Mojo take off with the wind.
By high tide i was done. The ebb would have all the debris pushing along with the wind and boy did that sea chop up..

I needed a new strategy, you know my method ;) ..

Out went the rods, even the steelwork..............it took a while but the last hour proved there was life on the wet side..

No jinx..

Even a double..

and just to make the day a little better..one for the hunt..

That was me, and everyone else for that matter. It had been an horrific day, lots of weed and a strong north wind pushing it through. but we got there in the end.
I managed to retreive my Mojo and make amends for the flood, even a nice low sun to see us off..

<º))2022))><..Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Codling, Flounder, Starry Smoothound, Thornback Ray, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Dover Sole, Turbot, Weaver, Common Smoothound..<º))SpeciesHunt))><
Global Moderator

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Hell of a Gynn...<º))))><

Postby Shane ousby » 02 Dec 2021, 21:39

Well you went and give it a bash shacky.....you knew you were alive that’s for sure...and some fish to make the session good man ....ps ....your not the only one who may have the odd words to one’s self now and then when fishing shacky :lmao: :lmao: :gp: :victory:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Terrybrown » 02 Dec 2021, 22:07

Well done Iain, a good result in not so good conditions. :thumb: And a bit of a chinwag to ones self, I think we’re all guilty of that :victory:
Hardcore Addict

Postby JoeRoberts » 02 Dec 2021, 22:15

A result for sticking it out, the next day we where down & the weather was completely opposite, well done Iain with another for the hunt :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby TurboT » 02 Dec 2021, 23:36

Well done Iain :thumb: Making it happen, isn't always easy :gp:
2022 Species Quest - Whiting, Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Thornback, Rockling, Starry Smoothound, Plaice, Flounder, Bass, Blenny, Pollack, Poor Cod, Mackerel, Pouting, Gurnard, Scorpion Fish, Launce.......+ 4 blanks and sun stroke.
Hardcore Addict

Postby bob1 » 03 Dec 2021, 00:53

Good result Shacky well done :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Willpower » 03 Dec 2021, 08:10

You persisted Iain, when others wouldn't have. Well done on gatting a few.
Hardcore Addict

Postby senatorkenny » 03 Dec 2021, 09:28

Good result in the end Iain thanks for the report :clap: :thumb: :champ:
:-New list 2018/19 Dab.
Hardcore Addict

Postby rugbydanny99 » 03 Dec 2021, 09:31

great report as usual and a slug for the hunt well done mate
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream, bass, plaice, common smooth hound, pollock, conger eel.
Hardcore Addict

Postby pensioner pete » 03 Dec 2021, 09:59

Your perseverance paid off in the end plus one more for the hunt, well done Iain.
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports