It is currently 03 Dec 2021, 23:01

Gemini Juno bait clips

Tried something new? Or had a product that has stood the test of time?? Why not write a review to help other with future purchases!!

Gemini Juno bait clips

Postby boxerman » 16 Apr 2017, 11:54

Being a bit of a clumsy sod, I became a fan of first the Gemini splashdown leads and now the splashdown solo lead links.
When these Gemini Juno bait clips came out, I though I'd give them a try.
Truth be told, I bought them last year, made a couple of rigs up but never went fishing!

There are 3 components to the clip, pictured here:

With instructions on how to assemble them on the back of the packet:

Theres a short youtube vid here, showing how they work:

The instructions on my packets didn't mention the top crimp shown in the video. I found that without it, the top pin can be very fiddly to replace, even in a warm bright living room, let alone a cold dark beach.
The extra crimp made all the difference,it stops the locating pin from slipping out of the bottom section. I emailed Gemini about this and got a reply to say that they had discovered this too, so perhaps the newer instructions show the top crimp/stopknot?

I decided to give them a whirl last week at the Gynn Wall and although I never caught any fish on that rig, the bait clips behaved faultlessly, holding the hook before and during casting even if the line was slack, and releasing every time.

Suffice to say that I am satisfied with them.

Frank
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Gemini Juno bait clips

Postby rob f » 16 Apr 2017, 13:14

I've never uses juno bait clips . I use Gemini bait clips . you just fasten your rig to it and clip the weight on , plus you don't need to use crimps .
2021 SPECIES HUNT
5 bearded rockling, Plaice, Thornback Ray, Flounder. Dab. Dover sole. Starry Smoothhound. Bass. Tope. Shanny. eel. Weaver. Tub Gurnard. Whiting. Doggie. Cod.
mersey maestro

Postby boxerman » 16 Apr 2017, 13:22

rob f wrote:I've never uses juno bait clips . I use Gemini bait clips . you just fasten your rig to it and clip the weight on , plus you don't need to use crimps .

Do you mean the splashdown solos? I use those but if you are using multi hook rigs, they are not so good.
Or do you mean something else?

Frank
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 16 Apr 2017, 14:45

boxerman wrote:
rob f wrote:I've never uses juno bait clips . I use Gemini bait clips . you just fasten your rig to it and clip the weight on , plus you don't need to use crimps .

Do you mean the splashdown solos? I use those but if you are using multi hook rigs, they are not so good.
Or do you mean something else?

Frank

sorry Frank
I meant the breakaway imp clips . to much whisky :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
2021 SPECIES HUNT
5 bearded rockling, Plaice, Thornback Ray, Flounder. Dab. Dover sole. Starry Smoothhound. Bass. Tope. Shanny. eel. Weaver. Tub Gurnard. Whiting. Doggie. Cod.
mersey maestro

Return to Fishing Tackle Reviews