It is currently 26 Jun 2022, 03:05

Field Tested my Flanker Speed Jigs by FishLab!

Forum for All reports and information for fishing outside of the UK. Fishing holidays and overseas angling trips.

Field Tested my Flanker Speed Jigs by FishLab!

Postby Scuba Chris » 24 May 2022, 02:58

Of The 2 Available Sizes I Went With The 4-1/2in 1oz Lure Today!

The other size is 3-1/3in at 3/4oz. The rod i chose was the 9'9" Guide Select Pro. The reel? The NEW Limited Edition GT Spinning Reel also by Okuma. Reel was spooled with 10lb Eminent Braid. I do have the smaller size as well but taking "baby steps" with my Honda Pilot as i only put everything back together earlier this month. For now don't want to travel far or stay out all day.

I casted this lure all day long, easily over 100 casts near & far. I did get a triple strike off a pier that set the tight drag off 3x. Felt like a small Papi'o Jack. The scratches on the bottom of the Jig Bait proved that. Just by examining the stats & shape i already knew this lure was going to be "special". If i was going to design my own Speed Jig it would look just like this as well.

During my field testing of lures i look at distance achieved on the cast to how the lure reacts when retrieved slow to fast & being jerked hard to how it reacts going dead in the water. This tells me the type of environment it's best suited for. For me i see myself casting flat reefs starting at 2ft with the longer heavier lure. The smaller lighter lure would be fun to use on an ultra-light rig using 4lb monofilament line.

https://youtu.be/WWpPD5XWeY8
Attachments
138E9C61-E2BD-47F1-B31D-48A8569E079E.JPG
138E9C61-E2BD-47F1-B31D-48A8569E079E.JPG (81.5 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to International Fishing Forum