It is currently 22 Oct 2021, 02:12

AmazinGynnly Improved...<º))))><

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

AmazinGynnly Improved...<º))))><

Postby shacky » 25 Sep 2021, 19:58

Having decided to fish the Gynn today, after tomorrows fun run and match scuppered our plans. A quick post on the forum got the Addicts rolling in. Yes it was a hell of an appearance....PaulR, Senatorkenny, Joe Roberts, Rambo, TurboT, The Sir Humphrey Triplets and me....Just to name a few.
The wind had tailed off to nearly nothing, though a bit of chop and some colour in the water made it look slightly fishy.
Three rods would be the order of the day, fished from down the side to as far as i could chuck. Bait was fresh Black, Rag and some of the Falklands finest Squid. Flapper rigs, Pulley Pennel and the ever present ironwork were employed.
The sea didn't seem to want to come in, though it gave us a great oppertunity to catch up on the gab.The boys and lady were lined up along the prom..

As the water neared, our rigs went airborne and the weed and anything else that floated made straight for our lines. The weed was doing it's job and i nearly lost my rod over the wall. This was no small object taking me for a walk, only to eventually cross Pauls lines. My rig came off the tree after a while, leaving Paul with the scrap of the year....The Senator was his ghillie..

To be continued.....................

The Sir Humphrey Bros in action..

Ooowzdat......Joe'n'Turbo having a sneaky peek..

Meanwhile Paul managed to catch himself a new tree for the garden. Hell of an achievement with the Senators help :thumb:

Oh iye!! we're supposed to be fishin'.....Actually as the weed'n'stuff cleared the leviathans moved in. It didn't seem right starting the day without a Plaice....No problem..

The summer fish are still hanging about and a Starry was next..

The Tope were chasing the Pins'..

My next was a shore PB for me 8lb6oz of pure Huss..

Then it was masses of Pins' up to high..

The ebb gave us more pins and a biggie i lost at the steps :roll:
An eel made a change, i paid the penalty and ended up with a messy rig..

Those small whiting and a dab took me down a couple hours. We'd had enough, but Joe had other ideas..

Super day out with the gang with plenty of different species landed. Cheers all :notworthy: :thumb:

Happy Days..

<º))2021))><.Bass, Dab, Weaver, Flounder, Plaice, Dogfish, Starry Smoothound, Dover Sole, Mackerel, Tub Gurnard, Tope, Whiting, Eel, Bull huss. <º))SpeciesHunt))><
Global Moderator

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: AmazinGynnly Improved...<º))))><

Postby rob f » 25 Sep 2021, 20:05

great session and video Iain :thumb:
2021 SPECIES HUNT
5 bearded rockling, Plaice, Thornback Ray, Flounder. Dab. Dover sole. Starry Smoothhound. Bass. Tope. Shanny. eel. Weaver. Tub Gurnard. Whiting. Doggie.
mersey maestro

Postby TurboT » 25 Sep 2021, 20:15

Cracking day down there. Well done :thumb: :gp:
2021 Species Hunt - Dab , Dogfish, Whiting, Flounder, Bass, Plaice, Sole, Starry Smooth-hound, Tope, Coaley, Blenny, Scorpion Fish, .Conger eel, Pollack, Thornback Ray, Launce, Mackerel, Weever, Tub Gurnard, Pouting, Tompot Blenny, Silver (Common) Eel.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Paul R » 25 Sep 2021, 20:33

Great of fish Iain
Attachments
20210925_203147.jpg
Hardcore Addict

Postby Paul R » 25 Sep 2021, 20:35

Great mix of fish iain
Attachments
20210925_203147.jpg
Hardcore Addict

Postby Terrybrown » 25 Sep 2021, 20:38

Great result Iain, and a superb Huss for you. Well done! :clap: :gp:
Hardcore Addict

Postby senatorkenny » 25 Sep 2021, 20:58

Well done Iain kept you on you toes today good work :clap: :thumb: :champ: :cheer:
:-New list 2018/19 Dab.
Hardcore Addict

Postby pensioner pete » 25 Sep 2021, 21:10

Busy session Iain and a great Huss. Another super video showing a nice mix of fish as well as Paul’s hound.
Hardcore Addict

Postby JoeRoberts » 25 Sep 2021, 21:21

Super session Iain :thumb: all them :fish: where down you area, did manage a few though :yeah2:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Granvillen » 26 Sep 2021, 06:40

Great report Ian as always, and a few good fish showing especially the Huss, Ill be down there next week most prob Sunday, hope the fish stick around.
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports