It is currently 17 May 2021, 04:45

Advice

Fishing tutorials and "how to" section. A forum for members to share their angling hints and tips.....

Advice

Postby EmiRon » 09 Feb 2021, 10:17

I still class myself as very much a beginner when it comes to sea fishing, I need some advice on the best times to go fishing. Do I start on high tide or low tide mostly I go 2 hours before high & 2 hours after but I’m really never sure. What about nighttime do you fish into the night or go early morning?
I’m going fishing on the Thames estuary at Gravesend for now but hopefully when things start to get back to some kind of normality I’m going to try the isle of Sheppy then the south coast.
Any help for a 50ish beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Advice

Postby Willpower » 10 Feb 2021, 09:21

Hi EmiRon, Sorry but not a clue re the Thames, but what you're doing 2up/2down sounds about right for tidal areas. Hope you get a better respsonse and good luck.
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 10 Feb 2021, 11:14

Welcome to the site Emiron. I've never fished the Thames . But Carry on with what your doing . Try casting at different distances , and try and pick a spot where there are gullies or a channel or Rocky area where food can get trapped which mite bring the :fish: in . If your fishing a night session on low water , get to Know the area first and if possible take someone with you . And don't forget if your crossing a gully at night . Keep a eye on them .they can fill up quick behind you . Good luck with the :fishing: :thumb:
2021 SPECIES HUNT
5 bearded rockling, Plaice, Thornback Ray, Flounder. Dab.
mersey maestro

Postby EmiRon » 10 Feb 2021, 14:26

Thanks will keep on trying

:fishing:
Trainee Addict

Postby Kev » 21 Feb 2021, 21:30

Some beaches fish much better either side of low as opposed to high,so i`d try that if you`re having no joy. :fishing:
The Special One

Postby EmiRon » 21 Feb 2021, 21:35

Kev wrote:Some beaches fish much better either side of low as opposed to high,so i`d try that if you`re having no joy. :fishing:

Ok thanks, if I fish low tide would you need to cast further out. :fishing:
Trainee Addict

Postby rob f » 22 Feb 2021, 12:38

EmiRon wrote:
Kev wrote:Some beaches fish much better either side of low as opposed to high,so i`d try that if you`re having no joy. :fishing:

Ok thanks, if I fish low tide would you need to cast further out. :fishing:

Some anglers do cast further out, but most of the time you only need to do a small lob . Its surprising how close the fish come in . When I fish low water I take 2 rods and fish one far out and the other one close in .
Hope this helps :thumb:
2021 SPECIES HUNT
5 bearded rockling, Plaice, Thornback Ray, Flounder. Dab.
mersey maestro

Postby EmiRon » 22 Feb 2021, 12:56

That’s great thanks for help will try next time I go out
Trainee Addict

Return to How to.... Fishing tutorials