It is currently 23 Sep 2021, 16:26

A giant on the beach

A giant on the beach

Postby Shane ousby » 14 Jan 2016, 20:38

After helping some of the local lads build landing piers for the fishing boats in fox bay west Falklands we were offered a Sunday lunch and some boat fishing as payment we took them up on it...we got d one over the week and true to their word we got Sunday lunch and got fishing on doctors creek the local lads said. We should try further down doctors creek as we came to a head land we dropped off and turned a corner bloody hell this giant fella gave us a lazy glance
image.jpg
they are huge huge is an understatement really and stink one of the lads wanted to get closer to photograph him the local lads told us if he raised up in the air and then dropped he could cover 6 to 7 ft in seconds ....you can't ...then your dead ...his whole body weight will kill you they thought he was a rogue bull and said he was not to be trusted with that we stayed on boat and fished doctors creek since then I am a great believer in local knowledge and advice :lmao: :lmao: but I will never forget him as long as I live
image.jpg
....pictures are not mine ...just to illustrate the size of these giants :thumb:
Last edited by Shane ousby on 21 Jan 2016, 20:50, edited 3 times in total.
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: A giant on the beach

Postby Padsta Tel » 14 Jan 2016, 20:59

God those Islanders are ugly what the women like... Great pics by the way. :thumb:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Slanester » 14 Jan 2016, 21:03

Bloody hell Shane,only one winner if that buggar wants to spar. How was the fishing?
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 14 Jan 2016, 21:25

Slanester wrote:Bloody hell Shane,only one winner if that buggar wants to spar. How was the fishing?

Some fish caught on lures Sean don't know what they were sorry but a mate was saying one of the best locations in the world for big wild sea trout fishing hols:banghead: :thumb: but most the time we weren't fishing we were watching wild life some interesting stuff felt like it was a David Attenborough film location it was a brilliant part of planet earth for the little time I was lucky enough to spend there :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Return to Wildlife