It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:35

Which beach fishing shelter

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

Which beach fishing shelter

Postby skatenchips » 11 Nov 2013, 12:38

I'm thinking of getting a new Home and I'm just after opinions on different ones at the mo....

weight/strength/build quality....you know the usual...?

cheers

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Which beach fishing shelter

Postby Blanko » 11 Nov 2013, 13:00

Hi mate,I've got an Ian Golds Igloo. (they do a 'Bigloo now too- bit bigger - DOH!) It opens up in a sort of 'L' shape,open the legs fron straight into the L, lay the flaps out,weigh them down if its windy,then just lift the bend of the L. 2 poles lock in, 1 for the rear and the other for the front,takes less than 30 seconds after a couple of goes and it doesn't matter how much of a hoolie its blowing as its stable before you lift the top up.

I think the Bigloo is about £120, about £100 or less for the Igloo.The Bigloo has door flaps where the Igloo doesn't but its never bothered me.There's Velcro strapping on the side to stand rods against while setting up or for spares,thats useful on my own at times,theres a loop on the front peak to hang say a lamp on or something similar. I find its very stable, in less wind I can narrow it up when setting up and just about stand in it ,sitting on boxes there's room to spread out like lord muck or space for 2 ofyoure practical about space usage. Fishing with the family we've squeezed 5 of us in out of the rain including my youngest.

I love it,never had an easier to set up item,its an absolute doddle after a couple of 2 minute practises,it'd probably be set up + weighted in well under a minute now :thumb: The frame's dead simple & well thought out. As with 'owt I had to take the leap away from the tried and trusted 'Beach Buddy' style shelter but glad I did,more than once I've arrived at the mark alongside several other groups of anglers and set up the shelter,then had them come across for a look a few minutes later telling me they wanted to have a look how good the Igloo was after seeing me throw it up in just a few seconds while they battled away with various poles and sheets.

That's my take on it anyway,I think you can get 3 or 4 colours now in the Igloo

Gerrys have 'em here

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/ian-golds- ... shelter.ir

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/ian-golds- ... shelter.ir
2015 total : 26 sessions 188 fish
Species : Whiting,Codling,Dab,Flounder,Plaice,Dogfish,Bass,Eel,
King Of the Plaice
King Of the Plaice

Postby Pugsie » 11 Nov 2013, 16:27

I've got a tfgear one which is spot on mate, would recommend it like had over a year now and still going strong very light fits in my rod holdall and stands up to the strong winds.

Captain Pugwash

Postby skatenchips » 11 Nov 2013, 19:00

I recall speaking to England International John Brown up Southampton waterway about 4 years ago and when I first viewed the Igloo I thought it looked very stable but even back then I was concerned about "lack of doors" as my beaten up old RT has doors to close up in cruddy weather and although I've sat there shivering they have kept the worst of the weather off me......so I wonder if any of the Gerrys boys happen across this thread whether they know what weight difference the Igloo with doors has as on occasion I will do some mileage and if the worst happens I can tuck meself in the begger... :thumb:

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby matty t » 11 Nov 2013, 20:44

hi mate matt from gerrys will have both the igloo and bigloo in stock at the moment the bigloo is 129.99 and the igloo £119.99 if you want a good like mate pop in and will let you see them up we also have a Shakespeare salt xt shelter at £69.98 that worth a look mate
Almost an Addict

Postby skatenchips » 11 Nov 2013, 22:10

Luv to mate but I live @ Heathrow hense me doing the questions online..... :doh:

but thanks for the headsup..... :thumb: :thumb:

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby Jammygit » 12 Nov 2013, 00:07

:gp: I was thinking of treating myself as well , great thread lads! Will go have a chat with lads in gerrys .

Ps pugsie there's something really disturbing about that little cheeky grin on that pic! :spite: :shock: :lol:
Do or do not, there is no try..... YODA
padsta's lovechild

Postby Rushy » 12 Nov 2013, 00:18

Jammygit wrote::gp: I was thinking of treating myself as well , great thread lads! Will go have a chat with lads in gerrys .

Ps pugsie there's something really disturbing about that little cheeky grin on that pic! :spite: :shock: :lol:

He was trying to get me in there, he had sweets too :love: :lol: :lol:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby Pugsie » 12 Nov 2013, 09:40

Jammygit wrote::gp: I was thinking of treating myself as well , great thread lads! Will go have a chat with lads in gerrys .

Cheers ha.
Captain Pugwash

Postby Jammygit » 12 Nov 2013, 13:23

Rushy wrote:

He was trying to get me in there, he had sweets too :love: :lol: :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :spite: :love: :whistle:
Do or do not, there is no try..... YODA
padsta's lovechild

Next

Return to Tackle Talk