It is currently 14 Aug 2020, 18:45

West pentire pollock

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

West pentire pollock

Postby Shane ousby » 30 Jul 2017, 21:25

We'll it was up before first light me and my eldest were off ,Out the back door across the decking key through the letter box and gone across Cubert common to porth joke beach cross the beach up the cliff to pentire point...this was some quality time with the lad some fishing ....just the trick ..As we came round pentire point just rounding the track (((( bang))))like the almighty had just hit a light switch and gave us 2 mere mortals some light
image.jpg
the whole cliff top and face just turned orange and a warm glow just hit us out right.the sea..even the clouds were orange... my son looked orange ...the suns first rays bounced over everything
image.jpg
image.jpg
..we came for mr bass and we had a hand full of goodies(((lure wise in our box of tricks...WE climbed down the cliff were we sat for five watching the water picking out spots we could fish from we could fish one hour before high and what we could as it turned so on with the job we took to the rocks and set about our fishing
image.jpg
image.jpg
we both decided on our lures I picked my dexter wedge35 grm
image.jpg
image.jpg (34.26 KiB) Viewed 881 times
and off we went my son decided to target the area near we're the lobster pot markers were ...deeper water dad..and snaggy says I ..we will see ..I went out close to a rocky out crop ...I was 20lb braid lad was 18 lb mono both 10ft lure rods we were both hit about the same time he had a nice size Mackey but it came off as his dexter was single hook mine was treble and I got a small pollock back it went ....I threw out 4 more times then decided I would try a bit of sink and draw which resulted in a better fish ..a pollock
image.jpg
later on the lad gets a pollock on a speedy retrieve high in the water ..a pollock
image.jpg
..then with a point of his finger to my left......a large seals head about 8ft to my left bobbing up and down and 2 more like him .they wouldn't leave us be and seem to plague us were ever we moved
image.jpg
image.jpg
well we gave up we climbed back up the cliff
image.jpg
then onto the coastal path ...fish wise nothing great really ?... we planned another session.. we had the weather ..but the sea state ..big waves Thursday and Friday would have smashed us off the rocks to dodgy to say the least.....not worth a pollock .but a wander up to Holywell bay beach to see the rest of the world had come to life.chatted to a guy who came from bristol on his second week with out a fish ..not great for any of us ...enjoyable to fish and to spend some time with my son,,I've missed his company fishing ....great quality time for us both in North Cornwall .
image.jpg
.....didn't see poldark
image.jpg
image.jpg (95.04 KiB) Viewed 821 times
Attachments
image.jpg
Last edited by Shane ousby on 01 Aug 2017, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: West pentire pollock

Postby shacky » 30 Jul 2017, 22:36

Super report and some cracking pictures Shane :clap: lovely holiday & nice to get in among the fish, well done :thumb: :gp:
<º))2020))><..Flounder, Whiting, Dab, Plaice, Common Smoothound, Starry Smoothound, Lesser Weaver, Dover Sole, Tope, Tub Gurnard, Brill, Bass..<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby pros » 31 Jul 2017, 08:42

Great report Shane, thanks.
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 31 Jul 2017, 09:01

A cracking report Shane and some great pics mate :clap: :clap: :clap:
2020 SPECIES HUNT
Whiting. Thornback ray. Cod. Dab. Dogfish. Tope. Mackerel. Starry hound. Weaver. common hound. Tub gurnard. Flounder. Poor cod. Dover sole. Shanny.
mersey maestro

Postby skatenchips » 31 Jul 2017, 11:20

superb session shane and beautiful scenery and as usual you have to wait till I've read this after a few pints as your upside down picture posts always get er indoors amused as I spin the lap top across me legs
to see what the bloody eel you have put up................ :D

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby abbo » 31 Jul 2017, 19:56

Nice report Shane - can't beat a good old wedge.
Thanks for sharing
Hardcore Addict

Postby billbob » 31 Jul 2017, 20:29

Top report Shane.
2020 Cod, whiting, Dab, Flounder, Starry hound, Common hound, Bass, Dover Sole, Lesser Weaver,
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 01 Aug 2017, 08:31

Thanks for your comments lads :thumb: enjoy your fishing :fishing:

Sorry gazza :lmao: :lmao:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 02 Aug 2017, 08:20

Fabulous report mate. Well worth the long trip. Stayed at the Manor House hotel in West Pentire around August 1972..?? Lovely place, was a minor (!!) problem with a drop or two of oil on the beaches then, but didn't spoil the holiday.....well done on a top trip with superb pics. Love the last one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby tarmacduck » 09 Aug 2017, 09:32

A great read with photos aswell thx for posting
Everything is OK
Hardcore Addict

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging