It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 07:46

Water proof fishing clothing for XXXL

Tried something new? Or had a product that has stood the test of time?? Why not write a review to help other with future purchases!!

Water proof fishing clothing for XXXL

Postby PJ_coursefishing » 15 Jul 2014, 12:26

Hi guys

Amazing isn't it as we get older the body tends to put on weight just looking at food.

I purchased some Jack Pike camouflage water proof leggings, they fit but are a bit long in the leg and don't really do what I want. They cost over £40 and have not been used once so I will be selling these cheap.

A few weeks ago I went in to Gerry's Fishing looking for some bib-n-brace ones, as always the guys were so helpful and brought down from upstairs 3 different makes for me to try on. Sadly, although all the same size they varied so much between no way would they fit to tight when I had them on so I drew a blank and they had nothing else to offer.

Yesterday, having been to RLI, I was already part way south so decided to go to Ted Carters shop in Preston. It is massive!

Again the staff were very helpful, Wychwood was considered but at around £230 for a jacket and bib n brace leggings was a little costly. I mentioned Wychwood to the guy but he immediately said you would be better with Prestons Innovations.

The guy went upstairs and got the XXXL for me to try. There was so much room in it it was unbelievable. I asked if I could try the XXL and he b went and got them for me to try, like Gerry's nothing was to much trouble.

I was amazed the bib n brace leggings went over my existing trousers and when zipped up there was still plenty of room to spare.

This is the one I purchased
https://www.prestoninnovations.com/Prod ... 8-DF8-Suit

Waterproof 8000mm rating
Breathable 3000mm rating

And only £116

Although not shown on the image it does include a hook, the whole suit is also very light when on and wind proof.

I am sure Gerry's could have provided this, next time I go in I will tell them as the size difference means it would be suitable for so many people who normally struggle to get in a XXXL :thumb:
Fishing and nature go hand in hand there is so much to see and enjoy. Catching fish is a bonus.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to Fishing Tackle Reviews