It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:47

Wader Glue

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

Wader Glue

Postby James Mully » 02 Oct 2018, 17:27

My Greys neoprene waders have started letting water in at the arse. Turned them inside out and found that the glued seem has come away. I've put a huge coat of UHU adhesive on it but has anyone got any recomendations if the UHU fails? are they worth gluing and should I just buy some VASS waders instead. I lost the glue that came with waders

Ta James
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Wader Glue

Postby shacky » 02 Oct 2018, 17:57

Get the VASS and look after your Ass :yeah2: :doh:

Seriously though, waders are pretty tough to glue on the seams. With winter around the corner, the last thing you need is freezing water getting in.
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby liphook » 02 Oct 2018, 18:13

Aquasure or Stormsure is the stuff you want. Properly applied and cured it will outlast the waders :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby James Mully » 02 Oct 2018, 20:01

Cheers for the replies lads. The UHU adhesive seems to have dried well and is pretty flexible I'll give I'll give it try tomorrow when I go to the mussel beds for low water. I'll have to ask father christmas for some Vass waders then :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rushy » 03 Oct 2018, 18:52

liphook wrote:Aquasure or Stormsure is the stuff you want. Properly applied and cured it will outlast the waders :thumb:

Another vote from me for Stormsure...

Undoubtedly the best, Stormsure , not cheap but does the job brilliantly and it goes a long way. Once opened you keep any unused sealant in the freezer as it stops it going off over time :thumb:

How to use it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCGXUrmN4TE

having said that, I found this product at my local pound shop https://www.poundshop.com/151-fantastic ... e-20g.html
It does exactly the same job as Stormsure but at just £1 a tube instead of the £6 for stormsure! :thumb:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby James Mully » 04 Oct 2018, 13:20

Fished the mussel beds and had a dry arse so winner winner chicken dinner. May invest in some Vass in the future as I end up sweating like a pig in neoprene if walking any distance to low water marks
Hardcore Addict

Postby liphook » 04 Oct 2018, 14:06

Have a look at the Viking waders sold at SJFawcetts in Lancaster if it's pvc you want - like the vood Oceans of old but better. If it's a cheap set then Bison/Pros/Oily from ebay are good value
Hardcore Addict

Postby James Mully » 04 Oct 2018, 17:28

Cheers mate I'll have a look into them
Hardcore Addict

Postby Seaweed » 12 Oct 2018, 13:27

Best glue I've used for waders is Shoe Goo, absolutely amazing glue, here's a desscription from the net ,

Shoe Goo can be used as a pliable adhesive for separated shoe components, as a filler on worn shoe soles, and as a sealer to repair waterproof fabrics and footwear. Skateboarders use Shoe Goo on their skate shoes to both protect and repair damage done by the sandpaper-like "grip tape" of the skateboard.
Trainee Addict

Postby Rushy » 14 Oct 2018, 19:53

Seaweed wrote:Best glue I've used for waders is Shoe Goo, absolutely amazing glue, here's a desscription from the net ,

Shoe Goo can be used as a pliable adhesive for separated shoe components, as a filler on worn shoe soles, and as a sealer to repair waterproof fabrics and footwear. Skateboarders use Shoe Goo on their skate shoes to both protect and repair damage done by the sandpaper-like "grip tape" of the skateboard.

Not heard of that one,I'll keep an eye out for that :thumb:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Next

Return to Tackle Talk