It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:18

ULTRA LIGHT - HEAVY LURE

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

ULTRA LIGHT - HEAVY LURE

Postby divedog » 12 Jun 2013, 19:47

On my last spinning trip i have been playing with ultra light lures and tackle and i have to say that putting a 8 g plug to a fish at 25 meters away and putting a 80 g lure at a fish at 30 meters with the wind and surf in your face the 80 g is the better it has all ways been i thing for me this lure fishing and when LRF was in all the shops and mags it did twist my arm to try a small plug wast of time the lure just get pulled around with tide and wind also casting is a nightmare and even after a fish or two i still felt a fool with the small rod now on my last trip with a 9 ft spinning rod cw 60-150 and putting a lure a good way out with wind and tide and surf in my face it was a lot better and a lot more fun being able to put a lure out to sea so am putting the ultra light rods away and sticking to the old stile of sea spinning
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: ULTRA LIGHT - HEAVY LURE

Postby Chris@Gerrys » 12 Jun 2013, 22:42

The LRF rods arent ideal for every situation. I also havent had any success with the hard lures and had similar issues.

I have on the other hand had a great deal of success using small jig heads and soft lures to catch a variety of different species but no Bass. Not to sure how the LRF rods would cope with a 7lb Bass, would be brilliant though.
Gerry's Of Morecambe
www.gerrysfishing.com
Almost an Addict

Postby divedog » 12 Jun 2013, 23:34

YOUR RIGHT LRF RODS ARE POND AND STREAM RODS NOT MUCH GOOD AS SEA RODS BUT A 8-11 FT SPINNING RODS WITH A BIGGER CASTING WEIGHT FROM 10 UP TO 150 G GIVE A LOT BETTER CASTING AND FIGHTING ABILITY AND ARE A LOT BETTER FOR SEA SPINNING AND PLUGGING AND WITH STOPPING POWER TO STOP ANY BASS THAT SWIMS
Hardcore Addict

Postby divedog » 12 Jun 2013, 23:51

AND I HAVE HAD PLENTY OF FISH WITH HARD LURES PLUGS SPINNERS SPOONS JIGS ALL WORK FOR ME BUT THE SILLY LITTLE ULTRA LIGHT LURES HAVE ONLY BEEN A WASTE OF SPACE IN MY LURE BOX APART FROM TROUT AND PERCH FISHING THEN THEY WORK OK
Hardcore Addict

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging