It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:27

top five plugs

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

top five plugs

Postby tide » 05 Dec 2010, 07:27

hi guys looking at buying some plugs for next summer bass action :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: in your opinions ??? what are the top 5 bass plugs :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: top five plugs

Postby Paul » 05 Dec 2010, 13:47

How long is a piece of string??

Rushy did a little guide a while back
http://www.anglingaddicts.co.uk/2010/ar ... bass-lure/

a lot of it is where you are fishing, how deep the water is, time of year.....

Then there is the price tag :? :? :?

I personally do not buy into the £20 lure brigade, I'm sorry, they just arent worth the money, but plenty of people do buy them.

My own personal top five would be.

• Small side winder popper (think they are 11cm)
  • Larger chugbugs
  • Tobies
  • redgills
  • Rapala J11 & J13

You could say thats more than 5 lures, but the Rapala J11 and J13 are essentially the same lure just one is larger than the other.

So which one when...... You have had my top five lures, heres my top five tips on lure selection ;)

• If there is a little breeze the larger lures work better in amongst the chop, they also cast better.
  • If it is flat calm id be tempted to fish a small sidewinder first. They are much more subtle.
  • If its bright sunshine, fish a dark lure, if its dull day fish a lighter/brighter coloured one.
  • Tobies and redgills can work when all else fails. The beauty being you can work them at different depths every cast to find the fish. Sometimes the fish are there they just won't come up to a surface lure and need it right past their noses.
  • Jointed diving lures like the J11 and J13 in slightly deeper water with a bit of tide run to make them "work"

a lot of it is personal preference, and I'm sure if you asked another ten people you would get 10 different answers, but then roots of it should be roughly the same. ??? ???

Add the fact that no two days are the same and its anyones guess :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Solar powered fisherman

Postby tide » 06 Dec 2010, 09:28

thanks paul thats a great help :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: my christmas list is now sorted :thumb:
Trainee Addict

Postby lee » 01 Apr 2011, 11:55

Almost that time of year again, the boats currently undergoing a tidy-up and now I'm lure hunting....

Top tips Paul, if i don't catch its your fault lol
Hardcore Addict

Postby Paul » 01 Apr 2011, 17:43

Any information given on this website is used at the readers risk. No liability will be accepted for any injury, loss of money, or blanking in any way shape or form as a result of following the guidance given on these pages.

Especially from Lee :thumb: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Solar powered fisherman

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging