It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:12

This week

General Coarse fishing and Carp forum.

This week

Postby sharpey » 07 Oct 2016, 10:03

Decided to combine this weeks adventures to save time as our genre of the angling spectrum slows a little... Tuesday Dave and I set out our stall at Ratherheath for a few hours for a waggler session. Budders said he was coming but at 8 there was no sign of him..?? But as we'd parked on the roadside we weren't to know that he was on the car park...!! It was only when I heard a loud yawn eminate from a tree enclosed peg I realised he was here..!! So, we had the craic and settled down to the fishing. Simple tactics, wag and mag by the lily pads... Dave to my left and I took the invalid peg by the gate.
ImageImage
Place looked very nice as autumn really sets in..
And as ever, the cheeky maggot scrounger was here having a quick drink before the main course...
From the off, little perch after little perch.
Nothing else, no roach, bream, tincas at all. Just little perch.
Dave couldn't even get a bite where he was, so he went to the feeder and spent the rest of the session viewing a static tip. Budders was doing just the same, plenty of little stripeys , and I believe a small roach, but nowt else. And he had a couple of rods out... Half one and we jacked. Could have been our last visit..?? Unless the WADAA committee can give any reassurance that here and Ackys are going to be either stocked or something to improve the sport. There are some BIG carp in here, but not much else it appears. Except little perch..

So, Thursday and Clear Water, please note, the opening time is now 8.30. So if you arrive at 8.15 the gates are shut..!!!! Was like a Primark sale waiting for the gates to open...!! Anyway, met Frank and our plan was to fish Last Blast which may be the venue for a friendly match on the 29th between the 6 "Oldies"; our AA representatives, average age 56 ( being generous...) and the 6 "Kiddies" from the George & Dragon pub angling club in Carnforth ( I think...) average age about 10. My mate Jammygit tells me they've put their B team out to give us a chance... And judging by our performance yesterday, it might be hard going. We were allowed to use our keepnets for practice, but not a lot went in mine..!! But, it was a nice day, that wind had a bit of an edge to it at times, but generally it was very pleasant...
Budders took what I thought would be the prime peg fishing tight to the bank on the maggot feeder, and I went to where there were no fish. Well, not a lot...Image
A good bite on the float rod after I put the feeder down was followed by a goodish scrap till a solid eel broke the water. Released very quickly and NOT into the net...!! Action after was slow. Float rod proved best, neither of us, apart from a tiny roach to Frank, had any good knocks on the tip, but we had a few on the float to worm and maggot baits.
Image decent Perch for me to go with a few smaller ones, and Budders smashed his Ruffe PB with this 3 oz monster...
British record 5oz4dr...?? Is there a record in here..??
He had the best of the sport from his peg, another gent fished alongside me for a few hours but left biteless.
Budders net as we packed in...Image
According to the lads here who were very busy developing the pegs on Fingals using some serious plant equipment, 100lb of bream, carp, tench, roach and perch have gone into Last Blast recently, but water temperatures, weather changes etc might have put the fish off just now. Can't see the temperature rising much from now on, so our team may have to discuss our tactics at the next training camp in the Azores soon. And if you believe that.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: This week

Postby liphook » 07 Oct 2016, 16:49

Now that is a big tommy :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Slanester » 07 Oct 2016, 17:00

Changing conditions slowing things mate,but they will settle and feed again.
Hardcore Addict

Postby pros » 07 Oct 2016, 17:05

Nice report as ever thanks Sharpey.
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 07 Oct 2016, 18:39

Top report again Sharpey :clap: Does Dave ever smile ? :thumb: :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby sharpey » 07 Oct 2016, 20:18

Only when he catches. Been a while....:-):-):-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby Hydro2015 » 08 Oct 2016, 11:21

Lovely Ruffe, where have they all appeared from up there all of a sudden?
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 09 Oct 2016, 19:14

Top course fishing report sharpey...nice one :thumb: :thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Return to Coarse and Carp