It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:13

Swanage Pier Dorset today....

South coast sea fishing forum - Covering Sussex, Hampshire and Dorset - Weymouth Bournemouth Portsmouth Brighton Southampton

Swanage Pier Dorset today....

Postby skatenchips » 03 May 2017, 21:13

so after 40 years of seeing, walking on but never fishing I decided to try and winkle out a couple of extra mini species today from swanage pier.

a horrid North East would make fishing the pier end uncomfortable so tucked meself away on the lower side for my 1st try.

to be fair the wind had blown some colour in the water so my pop up rig looking for gars or Pollock was a waste of time but I had to try....

a soft canal rod with a glass tip that would show the mearest fish fart was deployed with 1 up 1 down size 6,s ragworm tail bait....
and begger me ....tap tap...and my 1st ever fish off the pier is Mr Ugly the long spined sea scorpion...and yes its like handling a a prickly pear trying to disgorge the hook......

it seems beneath the pier the shelled thugs have moved in as every other cast was either winching one in or getting snipped off dammit......

in between spiders I had 4 small ballan wrasse,but nothing over 6oz

to finish I then had a couple of Tompot Blennies,stunning looking little fish....taken on red Isomes on a 16,s fine wire hook.

so to round up 3 new species on the tally and a fun few hours chasing some minies ..ill be back for the mid water jobbies next time.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Swanage Pier Dorset today....

Postby Shane ousby » 03 May 2017, 22:12

That post was a good read gazza ....defiantly a post with a difference .... Thanks for posting mate..:thumb:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby pros » 04 May 2017, 08:33

Smashing post Gazza. Thanks.
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 04 May 2017, 09:46

Top session gazza :clap: :clap: :clap:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby shacky » 04 May 2017, 19:41

Super mini-species hunt Gazza :clap: and it looks like you had the pier to yourself. Top day & report :thumb: :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby BigBadCol » 14 May 2017, 09:26

Top report as always Gazza. Well done mate
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 14 May 2017, 11:22

Always interesting reports mate, brilliant bit of angling. Another nice location down there.....well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Return to South Coast Sea Fishing Reports