It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:37

spinning at king scar

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

spinning at king scar

Postby carl24bpool » 21 Jul 2016, 00:23

Me and my brother packed light with only spinning gear and some water.

This was on Tuesday and we headed out an hour before low water. Would of gone much sooner but work held my brother up. It was still scorching at 4.30 pm and it was a nice walk out there. There are two fairly big gullies to cross so a bit of wading is required. We both were just in shots and flip flops for me. Big mistake . The mud made them very slippery on my feet and also the suction made them hard to lift. Eventually they gave way and it was bare foot from halfway out. Old trainers next time as walking on mussel beds and pebbles bare foot is very very very grim.

We got right out past the scar and onto the raised mussel beds where we found some deep and reasonably clear water to fish.

We arrived 45 min before low. Ideally I'd of been there at least 90 min before low. Anyway we waded out waist deep and started chucking out our Dexter wedges.

Next thing two bloody big seals popped their heads up right in front of us and hung about for the rest of the session. Not sure if it's a good thing or not. Must mean there is fish about but perhaps not once they arrived.

My brother had two or three takes but didn't hook into anything.

We headed back 90 min after low and the gullies were still very low and safe to cross. There are the odd patches of quick sand out there so do be careful an take a charged phone.

On return we went up to anchorsholme for a cold beer and a swim in the sea. Saw a guy fighting something big for easily 20 minutes before being snagged / snapped.

I'm thinking of going back out there Thursday evening for low water but may take my beach rods and try with bait.

There has to be some big bass on this mark. Watch this space!
Tight line!
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: spinning at king scar

Postby Expertblanker » 21 Jul 2016, 10:54

Nice long walk there for you both. Take care next time geezer.
JUSTICE FINALY FOR THE "" 96 ""
I STILL won't BUY THE SUN
Almost an Addict

Postby carl24bpool » 21 Jul 2016, 12:39

To be fair it's only a 30 min trek at a good pace. We were almost able to take a straight line out as the bullets are quite shallow at low recently.

Going to go again tonight. Big fish baits and hardback crabs for the hounds and peeler for bass. Might take a spinner too.

I'll post reports.
Almost an Addict

Postby tarmacduck » 21 Jul 2016, 17:57

Great effort you certainly deserve to catch. I look forward to your next report.
Everything is OK
Hardcore Addict

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports