It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:59

Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango?

East coast fishing Forum - Covering Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire. Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth, Felixstowe, Cromer, Skegness

Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango?

Postby BigBadCol » 31 May 2015, 11:28

Having ordered crabs early in the week from Anglers Alley and receiving texts of all the fish coming out all week I could hardly contain my excitement. However on Thursday Mark from Anglers Alley text me to say he wouldn’t be able to get any crabs due to his collector not getting any. So a trip to Wales was planned. Well that was plan B which I wasn’t looking forward too as the weather on Saturday was to be a bit damp. I then remembered a Facebook page that sells bait. So I visited the website only to read “OUT OF STOCK” I thought I’d give him a ring n see what he had in, I’d then drive over to Rhyl and collect em. Gaz answered the phone and after a brief conversation I had 100 fresh peelers on order for Saturday delivery, happy dayz. Well It would be happy dayz if they turn up.
With plan B always on the back burner I told Dave to get to mine for 0900hrs Saturday.
Saturday arrived and at 0830hrs I had 100 fresh peelers.

So now came the decision of where to go, I was after a bass n Dave after a thorney, but our main target was hounds. With all the information I’d received about fish at Dimmo throughout the week and a brief chat with a mate we decided to head away from the crowds South of the river (Clue is in the title as to where). Anyway we were in the water for 1200hrs and both had dabs on the bank by 1230hrs. Shortly after this Dave had a cracking slack liner and when he caught up it we both thought it might be a ray the way it hugged to bottom all the way in. However about 20 yards out whatever it was came off. Fishing was slow but we were now both into hounds, nothing of any size but I just love hound fishing, a good scrap no matter what the size. At about 1530hrs I had a bit better bite and reeled in the biggest fish of the day a hound of around 4 ½ 5lb. We both had pups but as I said the fishing was slow. I half expected this because this venue fishes 2hrs from low and up to hi water and best into darkness. At about 2030hrs after a very quiet 2 hrs I had a different bite, I wasn’t ready to say it was a bass as my previous hound was tail wrapped and it was similar. As the fish came through the surf I knew it was my intended target, a nice bass Happy Dayz. Yes I did do the Fandango
A quick photo and of it went, we weighed it to 2lb 3oz not my PB but I didn’t care |TARGET ACQUIRED.

It just didn’t pick up as darkness fell plus we were running out of crabs so at 2200hrs we called it.
Not the best days fishing but a really pleasant day despite the lack of fish. I think if we had arrived later say 1800hrs we would have had a better day but fishing is as always about learning and we will know better next time.

Final tallys

Col 2 Dab, A flounder, 5 Hounds & Billy bass
Dave 4 Dabs, 2 Hounds, & A flounder

Bait Crabs, squid, bluey, razor
Rigs Droppers, fixed pats & pullys
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango?

Postby grumpyppops1 » 31 May 2015, 11:37

Bismila no l will not let you go(unless you give me that bass for my tea) :victory:
Hardcore Addict

Location: Bolton,the town without a sea(but very expensive trains)

Postby sea spray 57 » 31 May 2015, 11:40

what a cracking bass :champ: well done pal !!! wish we could get that size round here lol I've heard tales but never seen any yet !!!!
2015 species hunt weaver red gurnard dab flounder
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 31 May 2015, 12:03

Well planned day Col, super result for you.

Sharpey
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby BigBadCol » 31 May 2015, 12:07

Thanks as always for your kind replies guys, a tough day but really enjoyable and a bonus bass to boot.
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 31 May 2015, 12:20

a cracking bass col :clap: :clap: :clap:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Return to East Coast Sea Fishing Reports