It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:13

Sandown Castle

South East Sea fishing Forum Covering Kent and Essex - Southend On Sea, Margate, Ramsgate, Deal, Dover, Folkstone

Sandown Castle

Postby Thundahamma » 25 Jun 2014, 12:07

Fished a comp on Sunday, from 1730 - 2130. Weather was slightly breezy, high tide was around 2030. Over a dozen fished the comp, only one undersize Pout came in and I caught a 49cm Silver Eel that was returned immediately due to local by-laws. I tried different baits at a variety of ranges and different types of rigs. I landed some big Velvet swimming crabs, there must of been a lot of them out there as most of my hooks came back stripped. Still such is life! There's always next time.
SPECIES SO FAR THIS YEAR 2015: WHITING, CODLING, POUTING, ROCKLING, DAB, DOGFISH,
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Sandown Castle

Postby nightfisher » 25 Jun 2014, 14:57

Nowhere seems to be fishing well at the moment. I was down on the south east coast a couple of weeks ago and fished 4 times and only got a couple of dogs.Hope it improves soon
Up here in the north west you can fish for 4 or 5 hours but the fish only seem to feed for maybe 1/2hr the rest of the time you are feeding crabs.But that's why we love our sport, when we catch a fish, its special.
Hardcore Addict

Re: Sandown Castle

Postby dabcatcher » 25 Jun 2014, 15:36

very poor results, were doing a little better up here on the northeast coast.
Hardcore Addict

Return to South East Sea fishing Reports