It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:21

Sandbanks

South coast sea fishing forum - Covering Sussex, Hampshire and Dorset - Weymouth Bournemouth Portsmouth Brighton Southampton

Sandbanks

Postby fishingmadd62 » 17 Jun 2017, 08:10

Yesterday I was down to Poole.
I unfortunately was working.
I spend lots of money in the cafes.
On wondering around, I did ask the beach patrol officers about fishing on the beach at Sandbanks, nobody ever does as it's so shallow????
Anyone care to comment please?
They however did say that they see people fishing from where the ferry is as it's deeper water.
Comments appreciated.
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Sandbanks

Postby skatenchips » 17 Jun 2017, 09:49

march april sees the fresh run plaice all along there you can have fish to 3lb plus on the right day but the all important thing is water movement.......1 hour to low and 1 hour up.....then 1 hour to high then 1 hour down.......bugger all in between apart from flounders.......all in daylight.

2 hook pompy with large rag baits on a 1/0,s ..........

The rock groyns are the place to fish as its dog central on the beaches and yes its rammed in the summer so get away from all the grockles out on the rox but take a landing net as the rox are bloodyslippy.

night time..........

mixed species on small rag baits or single sandeels you can have small eyed rays and undulates every now and again.........

toward poole mouth.........the tide on the flood can be full on so use 6oz grips as the tide builds
pyramid leads are fine otherwise.........

weed is a mare along there as the summer gets going as does the may weed which seems to hang about for ages..........

poole entrance nr chain ferry...........ONLY.........AND I MEAN ONLY..........

fish it 1.5 mts neaps........any bigger neaps or springs and its unfishable IMO.

races through the mouth and weed is horrendous.

down the edge for mixed species on 2 hook rigs........

fishing in front of the hotel with a peeler will see smuts up to 15lb or sandeels will see Rays

bass fishing.......

again small tides you can fish a bass rod with a 1oz ball weight with 6 foot snood and a 4 inch white rubber sandeel.........best colour .IMO......drop it down when the ferry leaves and let the tide wash it along.....can be snaggy here and there but you can fish either side of the ferry plus both sides of the mouth.............clonkers can be caught at dusk.

message me when you go next and ill try and advice whats been coming out....

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Return to South Coast Sea Fishing Reports