It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:19

Ribble today 6/ 5/ 17

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Ribble today 6/ 5/ 17

Postby Shane ousby » 06 May 2017, 14:27

I wanted to get to one of three areas I've had my eye on lately to fish but because I couldn't get my carcass out the sheets on time I ended up local
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
..it was a cracking morning I got to the mark by 0630 hrs but decided to shunt about 200 meters left and try this area I've never fished I started to set up the sun was shinning ,blue sky a really nice if not breezy from the east morning a bit nippy wakes you up.... cloud was building out over southport way ,but as it was for me nice morning couldn't complain...again the area is salt marsh but not much walk although the marsh was dry as a bone.the tide was on que but not to fast
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
the area is mud then sand then small areas of rough ground falls away from the bank gently to a gully that runs from a collapsed area of training wall from the main channel the ribble.its a good distance from the river ...this gully is the first fill then the flatter areas of sand fill over fast.. The red dot is my location the timber pilings are in yellow circle now the weird bit is the arrows light blue it's the tidal flow which is in the channel coming right to left but the water dark blue arrow comes to the mark from left to right you actually sea water moving in 2 directions maybe some one can tell me why it is seems a bit weird or was it Guinness playing with my head anyway were set up .also taking note of a half buried bloody big anchor and chain to my left ((((don't want t hook up to that)))).
image.jpg
..2rods 1 rod at distance 4oz gripper urf rig ..think that's spelt right baited lug only one in close 2 hook flattie rig (circle hook ) bait frozan lug both in now wait for a fish ...it was in the first five minutes rod bell rings and it's a flounder ((((well what else could it be with me )))
image.jpg
nicely hooked in the lip it was released ..hook re baited ...back in the river.then sit back listen to the sounds one sound caught my attention straight away it's got to have been 4 or five years since I've heard this bird
image.jpg
image.jpg (54.92 KiB) Viewed 922 times
the cuckoo ..(((photo not mine just illustration))))).the sun was still shinning in my face curlews were shouting along with red shank and oyster catcher running in being pushed by the incoming tide ..then rod bell rings and in comes no2
image.jpg
image.jpg
then it's re baited (((I like the Sakuma circle hooks again nicely hooked in the lip..we'll it was wait ...wait.... change bait. And more waiting,watch the artic terns that have arrived ..distance rod gets a knock ((((at last))) a flounder comes to the bank
image.jpg
then the fish is returned and more waiting ..that wind picked up and started to bring the doom grey cloud over to freck so I picked up one rod and packed it up....did a lot more waiting and decided newt,s happening... time to go .so wrapped up by 0915 headed home just about managed a couple today but majority of the time the sun did shine ,the sky was blue and 3 fish for my effort had it better....bright start ,,dull finish but it beats work and it's were I like to fish :victory: and it's always worth a try...I mean it was a new spot just not one of the ones I had planned for..next time thou :thumb:
Last edited by Shane ousby on 06 May 2017, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Ribble today 6/ 5/ 17

Postby liphook » 06 May 2017, 14:49

Another cracking report Shane :thumb: You are the Marsh Mudshark Master :champ:
Hardcore Addict

Postby tarmacduck » 06 May 2017, 14:49

Interesting report a great read thx for posting.
Everything is OK
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 06 May 2017, 15:10

another great report and pics Shane well done mate . keep the reports coming :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby terry brown » 06 May 2017, 15:58

Great report Shane, fantastic photos, and fish too. I can well imagine how lovely and peaceful it must have been for you. :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby pros » 06 May 2017, 16:11

Great report again Shane, thanks.
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 06 May 2017, 16:16

Another top report Shane :clap: Your certainly giving the ribble a good bashin'. Well done mate :thumb: :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby bob1 » 06 May 2017, 17:50

Great report and pics well done :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby billbob » 06 May 2017, 17:57

Top report as ever Shane. Thanks for sharing it with us.
2022 Species, Flounder, Plaice, Dab,
Hardcore Addict

Postby skatenchips » 06 May 2017, 19:27

enjoyable read you caught and got some nature watch piccies.....excellent.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports