It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:52

Ribble today 25/3/17

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Ribble today 25/3/17

Postby Shane ousby » 26 Mar 2017, 00:15

image.jpg
image.jpg
Had the time today to have 2 sessions on the ribble ....by 7pm I was on the bank frozen lug Mackey strips (((( crab doesn't do it along this stretch I find lug fresh or frozen seems to do it with Mackey or bluey strips)))))) so looking at the river it was flowing steady loads of rubbish but this easterly wind kills the river...the river was as calm as a mill pond decided to try close in this morning .. Within 10 minutes the first knock a nice flounder to save the days blank
image.jpg
fished all way nearly to high water then two mud sharks one after the other
image.jpg
after high I wrapped up wandered home...3 flounders was about my lot ......then in the afternoon I decided to wander out to fish low water at fairhaven I've always wanted to fish here it's virgin ground to me so after a couple of recces last week
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
and reading every bit of info about this place I took a bass rod fished for 3hours only 2 hook flapper 3oz watch lead lug and mackey travelling light chesties on and carrying a life jacket and whistle I know plonker I hear you say but your a fair way out from shore there so I didn't want to take chances)))) but I look forward to a return journey on small tides in summer ..oh by the way I blanked :crazy: but I really didn't give it enough time this visit but I just wanted to get my bearings check the lay of the land.. have a look round do a bit of fishing etc then next time we will see how we progress:thumb: can't say much more really .I think there's only so much you can say about fishing the ribble mainly flounder
image.jpg
and ODD eel today.....but great to get out today :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by Shane ousby on 29 Mar 2017, 20:47, edited 4 times in total.
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Ribble today 25/3/17

Postby shacky » 26 Mar 2017, 00:36

Great report Shane and some super pictures :clap: Those mud sharks keep you going on the Ribble :thumb: :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby Shane ousby » 26 Mar 2017, 00:42

shacky wrote:Great report Shane and some super pictures :clap: Those mud sharks keep you going on the Ribble :thumb: :gp:

They do shacky .....but I want one of them now that your hold off on your signature picture mate :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 26 Mar 2017, 07:43

Well done on the mud sharks Shane , Top report & pics mate :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby bob1 » 26 Mar 2017, 08:41

Result mate well done :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby pros » 26 Mar 2017, 09:06

Great report and pictures Shane, well done.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Willpower » 26 Mar 2017, 09:55

Well done Shane and some nice photos.
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 26 Mar 2017, 13:22

Great report mate, lot of work went into that, and a nice couple of sessions for you. Well done!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby liphook » 26 Mar 2017, 14:31

Good effort Shane :thumb: A few of us 'Ansdell Anglers/Fairhaven Faithfulls/ Grannies Bay Bashers' are planning a night session over the big HW's coming up. The beach has changed a fair bit along convent walk since storm Doris, leaving a shallow but wide 'gulley' of standing water close to the railings. We've encountered some really nice sole to over 2.5lb in amongst the usual 'pavement' of flounders and occasional bass here. It might be a bit early in the year yet but we'll see....open invite for anyone who wants to come and join in :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 26 Mar 2017, 18:21

liphook wrote:Good effort Shane :thumb: A few of us 'Ansdell Anglers/Fairhaven Faithfulls/ Grannies Bay Bashers' are planning a night session over the big HW's coming up. The beach has changed a fair bit along convent walk since storm Doris, leaving a shallow but wide 'gulley' of standing water close to the railings. We've encountered some really nice sole to over 2.5lb in amongst the usual 'pavement' of flounders and occasional bass here. It might be a bit early in the year yet but we'll see....open invite for anyone who wants to come and join in :thumb:

If work allows(((it's silly season at the moment in my game )))) I wouldn't mind bobbing along and gaining some local knowledge of the area liphook also it would be good to catch something out the ribble that isn't a flounder :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports